A Chapter continued| Day in the life RCD

Hello RCD readers,

A month has past and today is the last day for the first month of 2022.

Before I give a summary recap with what I've learned. Let's talk about how the month ended. 

"Angst"  

The anxiety of failing. The anxiety of making wrong choices before even failing.  The anxiety of feeling alone in your choices. The anxiety of letting people down that count on you. The anxiety of feeling like an idiot that you don't belong.

I've been a freelance architectural designer for almost seven years. And I've felt like I don't belong since day one. It's society.  It's my insecurity.  It's my appearance of sweet girl instead of a female architect (grown woman). It's my willingness of letting people's disapproval get the best of me. It's the daily constant reminder that your prices for your work are too high. Or the looks from fellow colleagues of what are you doing in the same work building as me.  It's the constant reminder of  an outsider waiting for you to fail because they don't believe in your success. That's a hard pill to swallow. And I can't even say young male architectural designer's don't go through this because none share the downs that I know of.

"Growth"

This year feels like growth. Yes I got one new project this year and four no's. But that I got referrals before getting the no's and that is growth. I have my two big freelance project's where I work as the architectural drafter. And yes that it's a freelance project and not my own still..It's growth for being considered and trusted to do the work. 

How to deal with angst for me?

Having a good support system. People to vent to about any and everything. It helps to talk about things that are bothering not always for somebody to fix it but just to feel like you are not alone.

What to expect this month?
  • A soft launch for new website (collab with Vlinder Survey); if you would love to be a part of this mail at rcdesigns2016@hotmail.com "SOFT LAUNCH PARTICIPATION"
    • full name
    • email address
    • mobile number 
    • hint when you've been reading our blog or watching our content. 
  • New blog post; Because a successful blog reach month. I'm keeping momentum by posting every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So keep reading and subscribe to my blog 
  • Learn new social media outlets.. Ooow why.. oow why.
  • Reconstruct YouTube Channel, Instagram page and Facebook page
  • Record my first Day in the life ... testing.. for March.
  • Updates of hopefully business growth!!
JANUARY GOODBYE 

Week 1

Necessary vacation

Week 2

Monday, January 10 2022
My first week back and talking about my two ongoing freelance project's of last December 2021. And how I'd finished that with my laptop doing something EVIL. hahaha

 First week back| Day in the life RCD 

Wednesday, January 12 2022
A fluff piece about how my Christmas vacay went and the difference between before Covid , the beginning of the pandemic and now.

Friday, January 14 2022
Saying goodbye to 2021 and giving a recap of ups and downs of 2021.  2021 you were a lesson that needed to be learn "Never give up and be consistent "


Week 3
Monday, January 17 2022
A recap of the week. Just a normal work week.

Wednesday, January 19 2022
Because this month was entirely about reconstructing my content. Or let say trying. This blog was entirely about what I've learned about content producing and what would fit for my niche. I talked about what I've been doing content wise. What worked!! What hasn't!! And how I'm going to fix it.

 The right content | Day in the life RCD
https://rcdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-right-content-day-in-life-rcd.html

Friday, January 21 2022
This blog post is the first of many more to come. I've decided to re-use article content from my YouTube channel and write it for readers that would love to watch read my articles. The first OG article is a fluff piece about At-Home vacation. This article was inspired of Covid lockdowns these years and the economy making sure that sometimes you have to improvise to have fun.

AT HOME VACATION| RCD ARTICLE
https://rcdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2022/01/at-home-vacation-rcd-article.html


Week 4

Monday, January 24th 2022
I talked about a hectic work week. In which I had to be flexible and got my first project for 2022. 
Wednesday, January 26 2022
What to do when your laptop keyboard stops working. What I've learned and what I can give tips on.

Friday, January 28 2022
This was most viewed article for the week before. I think because of the weather in Suriname. Here I re-use an important article about flooding.


Thank you for your support everyone.
Keep reading!! Don't forget to share and comment.

See you next blog post for new content!!




Comments

Most popular