Christmas vacay| Day in the life RCD

As the new year has begun. Let's take a look back at how my Christmas vacay 2021 was during my social media hiatus break.
 
Hello RCD readers,
 
 https://www.hogsbreath.com.au/make-corporate-christmas-party-success/

BEFORE COVID HIT!!
Christmas vacay in Suriname used to consist of: 

Family events

The putting of the Christmas tree and house decorations. "Don't forget the light". Family's driving to see Christmas lights in  North side of Suriname. Lot's of Christmas shopping.  From all nationalities and religions in Suriname. Christmas diners with friends, colleague's,  family members and significant other's. 
 

The end of the year parties

Lot's of party's in Suriname.  We use to celebrate daily with street party's  the year ending from December 24th till January 2nd. Fire work celebration  "Pagara Estafette" in the inner city with each store shooting their fire work. People from all over the world come to celebrate December month. And that day we have different group street parties with each a different music genre simultaneously. People actually taking off from work to party.


The importance of Christmas for the Christian community

For Christians we have church services 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st December and January 1st. These important national Christian holidays people come to church from their church hibernation. Christmas music recitals at " Centrale Bank van Suriname"
 

Cultural experience during the end of the year

For lot's Suriname people we have our "owru jari bad".

https://www.starnieuws.com

 
 It's a hectic but actually fun time in Suriname. In which  after "Party December" we all have "Broke Ass January".

 
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com

 AFTER COVID HIT!!
What does Christmas look like during a pandemic?

First one : party's are limited and less people. Street parties our out the question. The going out scene has changed dramatically.  But it's slowly coming back with of course Covid positive rising because people don't use the "MoHaNa rules".

Second : the country curfew which still has no influence on the Covid numbers not rising.  

Third: in the beginning Facebook life streams from churches instead of  people being able to pray in the church. For me specially no dancing in the church on the 24th of December since 2019. But the churches do open now during the holiday's.
 
Fourth: Christmas Celebration seems a less glamours because the economic state the pandemic brought plus our last and current government influence. Which means less Christmas shopping , less Christmas decoration and NO GOING OUT.

Fifth: No Christmas light, No "pagara estafette", "No christmas party's with friends, colleague's and some entire family".

Last: less money for buying fireworks (* for at home use.)
 

 
CHRISTMAS VACAY 2021 
Second year spending Christmas during a pandemic.What did I do for Christmas vacay?

Work on schedule before the vacay

I began my vacay with making sure all my projects  are on schedule.  Some meant finishing and some meant just making sure the civil engineer had the definitive drawings to do his calculations. 
 
 

Being a good aunty

Christmas I love spoiling people. Because the money tree is dying hahah. I didn't get to do something for my partner or my mother. But I did spoil myself with a bag and a wallet. I did get a sweet couple collage video from my partner.


STVS Christmas dance recital 

We were asked to dance this year again for a little Christmas entertainment. I didn't want to do it. Because my December looked hectic.  I was frustrated the whole training experience. (I wasn't able to be fully present and felt burn out the whole time". But end of the day I loved making sure the little kids were ready for the the recital, dancing with my niece so I knew my solo and I actually enjoyed the dance during the filming. But my dance had mistakes and could've been filmed more than once. Or my music could've been better. But who cares it was an experience.
 
You can enjoy the hectic moments or you can make it a bad day for yourself

The ugly Christmas tree

Well because we have a new government means new people get their pockets filled. So I drove by a couple of times to watch a Christmas tree that just didn't work for me. The actual making pictures near the tree was impossible because we didn't have a lot of Christmas activities for families and that meant Covid spreading around the tree. HAHAH.

Not finished in this picture. https://www.starnieuws.com
 
 

No church during Christmas 

I spent my Christmas eve for the first time with my boo. Both of us didn't have a dance recital or church activity.  So we enjoyed each other company. It was amazing to be with him.


Christmas diner

The cooking has gone this year. Everyone was too tired from keeping their heads financially up these days. So as a family we put in money for food and I made the snacks. 
 

No babysitting 

For the first time I actually didn't have to babysit my niece or my nephews. Which weirdly I used to work instead of relaxing. 


Ballet end of the year diner

This year I had to ask my partner to give me a ride very far for a ballet get to together.  Well the kids came late is an understatement. Hahaha. The food was great and the company even better. I'm happy that I actually went. And thank everyone who brought the meat.


Cooking for two or let's say three is a must



The last day 2021

I had a very weird vibe " must to do some cleaning". The whole house, my office/bedroom and  removing my picture from laptop and phone finally. I also kept thinking about my goals for 2022.
 

2021 was an almost identical twin of 2020 but we handled it better.
 
 
See you next time with a 2021 recap.




 




Comments

Most popular