The right content | Day in the life RCD



Hello RC Designs readers,

What is considered the right content for yourself? 2022 is the year to reconstruct and fix what isn't working AGAIN. 



A look back into RCD content strategy 

RCD content worked perfectly on Facebook when I first started my blog. I wrote articles as notes on Facebook in August 2016 and from that I started my YouTube Channel  8 months later. This was a simple tactic. 

Facebook content:
- Post weekly inspirational quotes
- Later I tried monthly recaps (combo with YouTube)



YouTube content: 
- Quarterly Back In Time Projects


- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday a very short informative architectural article on YouTube



- Tip of the week (combo with blog)

Blog content: 
- Project update, 
- Article update, 
- Throwback Thursday
- Friday book review 
- Daily blog

Instagram content:
- Daily freelance projects \

*side note : this simple tactic worked



How RCD content evolved?

People viewed the video's and reach on Facebook was high. But than Facebook algorithm hit my reach very hard. So with that I had a collaboration with Vlinder Survey for better output of what RCD content should be. And with that I changed our content and it's strategy.

I found out which social media outlet was working for each content and why. 

-  YouTube content can't be shared where it's beneficial on Facebook. And liking or viewing counts are most of the time not added on YouTube analytics. And entirely not on Instagram. But they;ve tried to become link friendly on their story's and 1 link aloud that opens in your bio. What I've also tried is creating a Facebook group for RC Designs articles. The group is growing and the reach too but the outsource to YouTube will still not go as smoothly. One new source which can be used is Tik Tok. 


* side note still got to test that out.

- Instagram content can't be shared anywhere. Because it's mostly mobile friendly. And I would not say computer friendly. This is all about the # but.. OMG.. that's an necessary headache for success. COMMENT BELOW IF YOU'RE A INSTAGRAM GENIUS


- Blog content gets views via Facebook but ONLY with a Photo attach to it. But you're outsourcing to another social media source. Which means you'll probably get less reach and interaction from that post if you don't pay Facebook for it.  I joined a blog group to get more pointers. And the pointer is: So the best place which I've heard for blog reach and interaction is Pinterest.

* side note : But I still have to figure that out.

After evolving my content in each year. Why does the work put in it not balance the success I get from it? Because I've tried stuff and failed but I asked the wrong questions and got the wrong answers.

So the important questions are:
  1. What is the right content ? * blogging for readers & video's for watchers about my work and my knowledge
  2. Where is the perfect social media outlet to use? *video's ; promo's - Tik Tok, IG reels | * notes; Pinterest
  3. What is the right content strategy for me? *still figure that out
  4. How important is a content calendar ? * keeps me sane, gives me more quality content and make sure I work efficiently while making RCD content
  5. How do you make a content calendar ?  link: have your pick in informative video's

These are right questions for 2022 to asks for better content that gives equal to more success for the work that will be put into it.

Stay tuned for figuring out which new tips worked and which didn't.
See you next time with a throwback article. You can comment below which article I should write about.




Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular