Inside of my brain| Day in the life RCD




Hello RCD readers,

This year began with an architectural designer's  worst nightmare. Mine work environment wasn't fully functioning. 

What can I be referring to? Hint!! The cover pic might give you an idea.
The keyboard stopped working. 

I'm not a pro and sure don't know much about this but this we handled it. *Side note: with we I mean my partner.

Here is my step by step trying out everything before giving up. 

Step 1 : First staying calm was important.  I used the house computer to work further. Project needs to get finish and I can't miss a beat.  So I finished the two ongoing project's from December and made sure they were delivered for building permit permission.  That is also what I'm still using for the time being. 

Tip: restart the computer. Whenever you’re having PC problems, this is the first thing to try before troubleshooting any further. Restarting the computer is fast, easy, and might just solve the issues you’re experiencing with your keyboard. Just using the Power button is enough.

Step 2: Second looking for a 2nd option to still use the laptop. "On screen virtual keyboard". For starters to turn the laptop on and off. (typing down the password).



Tip: using an virtual on screen keyboard is possible to use when this ever happens to you. And it's a perfect way also to get into your laptop when your computer has shut down while your keyboard stopped working.

Step 3:
Before going any further. 
Make sure to remove all documents on your laptop and that means everything that you aren't willing to loose in case it's a virus. Now after removing all digital document from the laptop put it on a portable hard drive.

Tip: Use external keyboard. Sometimes getting used of a new computer when working consistently on a specific one for years. And that is what happened I needed to get used to using house computer again. For me using the classical workspace is simple. Makes me work faster. Click link below if you're stuck with. Just like I was a couple of weeks ago.


Step 4:
This is a simultaneous call:
1) Talk to my tech guy. 
2) Google what can you do if your laptop keyboard stops working

Now this is what I found out while researching what to do myself. Click the link below.




Tip: Now the big question what can the problem be? And an important question is :
"Is it a hardware of software issue?"

Step 5:
I let my tech guy try the hardware problem first. Now what does that actually entail?
Which simply means clean clean clean. First and most important TURN OFF THE LAPTOP. Second turn the laptop upside down and gently open. And lastly gently clean dust and other dirt that found it's way under the keyboard. 


Check some behind the scenes pictures below

I was brave enough to help with this. 

Slowly getting a hearth attack


Never personally seen this. The tech guy knows I would cry.

Tip: Don’t try to remove laptop keys if you are not a professional with that.
If you find that a key is stuck, try cleaning around it. If that doesn’t work, I’d recommend getting the keyboard repaired and cleaned by a professional. 

Step 6:
He checked if it was a software issue. Check the link below if you want to know more.


Step 7:
If you all fails. I have two option but working on both. First buy online and replace current keyboard. And last safe money for new laptop/computer. Goal for end 2022

The belief of a better work space.


Keep following for update of new keyboard


Comments

Most popular