Grateful | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

This is our first blog post for my birthday month. Today is my first work day for this month and ready for a great month.

First quarter of 2023
I've been focusing on content creating for Instagram this year. And that is my major focus for RCD Blog and my architecture firm. Mostly because I underestimated how long it would be for everything to fall into place. 
January 2023
  • Finally got my Architect permit from the government
  • Finally had all the correct documents for my business bank accounts
February 2023
  • Finally got my business bank accounts
March 2023
  • Create a business stamp (was required for registration of my architecture firm at the building department)
  • Finally business capital to finish my  Chamber of Commerce Suriname final registration 
I'm taking you back to the month April and give you a little sneak peak. April began with the last ballet class on April 1st. I'm so grateful that I achieved so much this month and happy 

First work day of April
Get approval from building department for my architecture firm meaning I'm legally allowed and able to give all architecture services that I want.

The good week
I choose to take a seven day break from work. Before I took my break I made sure to register my architecture firm at the building department for approval. Mostly because that could coexist with me not looking for clients during this time. 

Day 1: Girls date
I had my first all girls date in months. I was offered one beginning of January but I had no income so I said noo. But this time I could say yes. It was fun to see these women after years. All in my work field. Smart.  Independent. Hard working women. For some weird reason. We only have are work field in common. But actually think I'll have these ladies a long time in my life. Because our one thing in common.


The good week inspired how I felt during the good week and my ever-growing relationship with God.

Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Monday, April 03, 2023



Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Monday, April 10, 2023



Day 2
Yes and No's
I had the potential to get two clients during my Good week vacay. One was my cousin for a kitchen design.  And the other was a young lady that needed a design for her hair salon. Both we enable to response after a follow up.

Church Services
I've put it on my self growth and promise to myself for obtaining my relationship with God. I love every step of this journey in my life. It's slow but steady and it gives me peace. Day 2 was a simple cleaning day for me but most important going to church. It was a peaceful service. And something my soul needed. Of course my head went to marketing strategy for this month and responding to a potential client on my day off.



Day 3
Getting Past No
This day was a meaningful day. Besides church and trying morning yoga stretching exercise after almost a whole month not doing that. 

The clip was my highlight. I'm reading very slowly a book from a friend. This book is about how to deal with people saying no when you need a yes. After church I did my weekly shopping and crying about the prices. I was weirdly calm after morning prayer. Ending my day feeling calmness all over.



Day 4
Fun with the Family
Busy day of finally washing my car for upcoming week's yearly car service, car insurance etc. After that preparing house for aunties cutie pies. They will not stay this young forever but these memories at grandma's house will be a core memory for them. So with the oldest exhausted from the day falling a sleep in aunties hands to me too tired to wake up for church on Easter day.



Day 5
Big Sister B-day & Easter day
My sis turned 39 this year. Sometimes slow days feel amazing. And I just went to church, washed the car and cooked something delicious. And Started with Romans that day.



Day 6 & 7
Cleaning day and back to work
Because adulthood was calling again I had to cut my vacay short. I went to the tax office to register my architecture firm as a LLC. 

Back to reality
After my really short vacay I had ballet classes as usual for a dance recital that we'll have in June. No I don't every single step of the dances because my brain will not work for this. But it has absolutely not impact to say that or not. I mean everyone can see that I'm tired so who actually cares. I also followed up two potential clients and it was a no but life goes on. 

Tax Drama | Deadline not met
Because the taxes had to be done by April 15th I had to figure this out really fast. Now I could use my savings to pay for a consult but you have to be smart. So I called some colleagues, friends.. I think I actually asked an ex a question too. Not sure. But not a lot of luck. So I bugged my big bro the week coming for his input. I checked how his accounted did everything and it worked out. I learned a lot about how to fill out the income tax form now I still have to figure out a couple of things but overall I know more that other people I asked for advice.

Learning Canva | Get use to critique
I learned how to use canva. During me girls date a friend talked about Canva. I heard of it a couple times on Instagram but never tried it. So I tried it. I made a flyer and business card. Mostly because I needed to do the next step of my growth and marketing phase. I sent both to see what the cost would be and the company had a lot to change because the logo was not sharp enough to use. And I didn't have time because the tax deadline. So I had to put this on hold.

This time felt hectic and personally a lot happened in my life that I felt like burnt out. So I was inspired to write about how I was feeling and overflowed this into my blog.

Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Wednesday, April 12, 2023




I also was inspired by tax situation and had to talk about what I've learned during that time. 
Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Monday, April 17, 2023



A Christian online friend celebrated her 30th birthday. And I dropped some hidden gems for this great phase of her life.
Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Wednesday, April 19, 2023



The cost will inspire you
I had to fix my logo to make this sharper. I tried to sent the original file to the company because the owner told me to do this. But of course his employee knew that he could not work with that so he really impolitely told me to change it and sent the right file without any tips how to do that. I kept it professional a choose to postpone this until I had time to fix this. By Saturday a week further after bugging my brother about taxes. I contacted companies and fellow colleagues how to change to the text of the logo. A company responded SRD 2000 for just change a file into another file. So I figured that shit out really fast. Nothing gets you more motivated than somebody wanted to make a big buck for a simple task. Google.. YouTube.. And a lot of prayer.  I fixed and mailed my new logo to the company with asking them what the prices would be.

Content week
4th week of April is almost always my content week. I think about my RCD Article. I think about my blog post ideas. I think about my quotes and my tips. This time I had a new toy. Making quotes with canva was so fun and easy. I'm so in love. I also came up with my tips for the new month " Choosing a designer".  

This blog post was inspired by my conversations with the girls during ballet classes. (this easter vacay)
Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Monday, April 24, 2023



The end of tax season
The week was personally really hectic I cancelled two dance classes cause work and burned out. That I could finally go to HUBA department on one day before the last day. I waited from 8am -12pm. And I kept my composure and stayed polite and professional. It was something for I was always scared of the idea to go alone.  It's like God wants me to relearn not letting fear lead me anymore.

Birthday Boy
The last Friday for that month was a friend's birthday. He gave me a lot of inspiration that I had to write a last blog post for April. We talked about how he wants to celebrate his birthday. But what about the conversation gave me inspiration. Seasons in life. He talked about that I need to take a break etc. I kept saying I get it but I need to keep pushing until I'd reached my goal this phase. He later kind of got it. Because he had worked really hard the first half of this year. 

This was a theme I wanted to talk about a long time ago. After having a conversations with a couple of old friends I've noticed where we stand with each other. Somewhere complete strangers. And I didn't feel sadness or hate. Just a weird understanding and appreciation of all the season people that I had in my life. People leave a mark on you. And sometimes that's so beautiful. 

Written by R.Chin | RC Designs Blog  Friday, April 28, 2023


So the word grateful is perfect way to describe the month April. I can finally promote my all my services. And I can push my marketing up a notch. With that comes getting an income goal for this new month. And I think praying has helped me stay consistent and strong. When it's bad I pray for strength. When it's good I pray for my gratitude of His blessings. When it's in between and exhausting I pray for my surrender to His plan for me. But I always pray





Comments

Most popular