This too shall pass | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Yesterday was a busy day so couldn't find the time to make my blog post. But today is a little calmer. I would love to talk about something I learned when I was little but still find hard to do. The difference between seasonal and lifetime.

Now let's talk about people.

Seasonal people 
Definition of seasonal people would have to be people who come in your life to teach you, to elevate you, to protect you, to show you joy and so on for a season in your life. But they are not suppose to stay that in your life. A season. I use to see that as such a bad thing. Having best friends really young and them being strangers now because of their actions and our disability to connect anymore.

But I don't anymore. I'm human it still hurts. To have people in your life who you've had such a close bond and it be a stranger or sometimes an enemy is so weird to process. 

Learning how to accept and remember as somebody use to say " this too shall pass".

I've met people in my life who where suppose to be in my life to teach me how to make a friends and keep friends as a young girl with just staying me. I've met people who gave me pure fun supportive friendships doing something we both had in common but outside that we had nothing that connected us. I've met people whom we share the same wounds and connect in that way because when we talk about it than the other person gets you entirely because they've gone through the same hurt.

My mother and siblings on the other hand are less forgiving to people who leave my life. You see I don't make unnecessary enemies or start acting mean for no apparent reason. I leave you in your peace. I embrace the season changing and process my feelings slowly with people who can listen at that moment.

But don't forget!!
We are seasonal people towards other's too. We become the go too because they lost their go too person and when they find another one we have to leave because we have served our purpose.

That's life.

Same with life. We have seasons in life.
I had a conversation with somebody today who just turned 29. He spoke about taking rest and taking care of myself. A little hypocritical because we both give too much than we actually should towards other's. But I'll let it slide because it's his birthday.

Seasons in life
See if you are really living life gives you seasons. If you are staying still. You'll get continuously stagnant situations. See next week their will be an important day that I one day will forget. But until that season comes. I'm so happy how I feel today in which the first quart of the year I felt differently when I had another important day pass me by. I had anger and tears then. And my support system helped. But this time I feel so happy and at peace. 

My seasons
I've noticed that last year was my breaking and rebuilding.  I've had people come in my life that I thought were going to stay forever and some I knew this will end with a fizzle. But so thankful for them no matter what their relationship with me is now. This year is my beginning of a new chapter and that means a lot because of the things I've worked for are finally coming into place. I'm so happy for the growth. A lot may think work wise. But I feel better no matter the season. Good or bad. And that feels great. 

Acceptance 
This is a big one. Accepting what some people and situations are in your life. Not being that needy teenager to go with the flow to feel or be accepted to people who obviously don't really care or people who you have nothing in common but are so kind people. 

Lifetime people
Definition of lifetime people would have to be people who are always going to be their. You don't have beg, ask, push etc for them to stay in your life because they will always be their. Now don't get it twisted. Family will not always lifetime people and long-time friends also. So don't get yourself stuck with people who you don't connect with because of obligation.

What's the difference?
I've noticed that the people that you will have forever in your life. Stay with you in every season. 

You drift apart but always come back. You change entirely and still be able to connect. You both fulfil a need that the other one needs at the moment. You are supportive towards each other always. Your connection is always the same no matter what. You can be your entire self because they really accept your flaws. And most important you can check each other and still be friends the next morning. It's like velcro. You are forever connected. Weirdly my mother is my first lifetime person. Hahahah.  Through everything we still have that connection of pure love. 

Lifetime situations 
But that doesn't exists thank God. Nothing stays the same. That's the beauty of life.

Embrace the seasons with your hands open.

A shout out to the birthday boy. You'll get the speech next year I gave a friend this year. Love ya. Have a great day. 

Comments

Most popular