Serendipity | Day in the life RCD




Hello RCD readers,

Serendipity - Finding something lovely without looking for it.
The beauty of life I think is the art of unfortunate events in life. Some call it destiny. I say it's God way of making sure what needs to happen in your life is just on time.

I had a lot of work from God this year. From meeting new people to embracing changes in my life.



Last Blog Post for 2023
Today will be the last blog post for this year. I've decided to repost most viewed RCD blog posts in my RCD Articles Facebook group. But this will the last new one for 2023. It was hard to figure out what to write about today . RCD Blog website has different content options:
- Day in the life RCD 
- RCD Tips

Evaluation and implementation are keys to success
I know that I have a whole month to go but I want to focus on finishing a project and not thinking about writing content. I have to evaluate what has to change for 2024. On a personal and professional level. 

The numbers don't lie
I have questioned readers for their input but the numbers don't lie. People actually really love the day in the life RCD. I think because it's a mixture of personal and work day. And with the end an important lesson that I've learned. 

Because it's the last post let's make this blogpost a mixture. 

Project Update
This year I've had a lot of maybe projects and nine finished projects. I'm busy with another one that maybe will turn into three more services. 

Serendipity working it's magic
Let's give a little update. It feels like serendipity.  I met a couple of  RCD readers & watchers this year through them reaching out. This project is through a friend I met on LinkedIn that loved my Tiny House Article from my YouTube Channel. An fellow Christian that I've stayed in contact with because of the positive and motivational conversations we have. 

Positive Surroundings
I choose that in the people I surround myself with now. People that motivate me. People that are honest with me even if I don't want to hear. People that actually check up if I'm doing okay. People that actually show support towards me. People that show they care about me. It feels like God wants that for me.

Project History
Let me get back on track. This project is expending project for a resident. The client's want a private guests area and an extra kid's room. I've already did an online consultation and multiple site visits. After measuring the house I drew up some optional extending designs. In which we discussed and the end we came up with a different design that the client's approved. So this week I'll hear if they like my offer and if they will continue with me for the design phase and building preparation phase. This is big for me if they say yes. And most important I hope that I do this project justice for more referrals.

RCD Article
I haven't written nor made RCD article YouTube clips for an couple of month's.  Mostly because short clips get more attention and as a blog post it needs a lot of input to write an article. You need information and fact checking. It takes longer. I did make a lot of RCD project YouTube clips and blog post instead. I do have some topics that are running in my mind. Architectural Design Styles, Architectural Fee, Building permit, Online Experience etc. For next year. But this year I'm done.

Day in the life RCD
The beginning of 2023 was really hard work wise. From getting all legal stuff in order to actually getting client's again. But also personal hits that I had to deal with.

Because I'm not going make a recap blog post for this year. I would love to say what I've learned this year. I have a lot that I'm working on. From learning to hold on to my boundaries , to nurturing my relationship with God and to learning how to be less judgmental& feed negative thoughts (and emotions).

Recap of 2023 

Boundaries 
This is a doozy. It's hard as a people pleaser but I need to learn this hard lesson. Being truthful with what I don't want to do but also not feeling that I need to convince people why I said no. Because No is also an answer. 

Telling people what you need and expect in any relationship. And if the person is not willing or capable to give you that. Let it go. That doesn't mean hate or be rude. It just means consciously choose who gets your attention. Let's make this clear. It doesn't mean if somebody needs a friend you'll say " you have been a terrible friend and I'm not going to give you the friend you need right now". No it just means focus on who actually wants you in their life but help when you see a person needs help.

Nurturing relationship with God
This is the most important relationship in my life. I have found a balance.  A perfect routine how I nurture my relationship. And I love that the people around me give me that space for it. But most important we can coexist with different stages of our relationship with God at this moment.

Fundamental Attribution Error
This is a hard one. Not being judgmental.  It's easy to go "This is right and this is wrong. So that means every good person needs to do the right thing always." But that's not how life works. And I have to learn empathy for this. I've learned that when somebody does something wrong the first thing I should think " I hope they are alright". 
- Not why did they do that? So that I can figure out if they are worth me saying "I will have empathy".
- Not they are a bad person because of that wrong decision. Because we can all make one or multiple wrong decisions. It doesn't defines us as a good person. 
- Not pre judgement based on one incident while not getting to know the person first
- Not putting the person in good or bad box because one incident.  Because we don't do that to ourselves.  We know that an incident is not who we are. 

Our mistakes and ill choices don't define us as a good or bad person.

I'm ending 2023 with a smile on my face. A big transition still ongoing at home and focusing on keeping my boundaries. I'm scared and enthusiastic but really proud of myself.  

So as I end this blog post I would love to say this.
" Listening to what my soul and happiness needs in life. Stop making decisions based on what is the correct thing to do. And base my life decisions with what is good for my health, mental stage and most important happiness in life."

Have an amazing end of 2023.
Make this last month a productive one.


Comments

Most popular