Every win counts | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Today is our last blog post for 2022. We our not stopping, but going to introduce our readers to RC Designs Architectural Studio N.V.

This is a long overdue blog post, 
but the important things take a while.

I'll post on other social media pages this introduction. I've been working on the content for this introduction since 2020 just when the pandemic hit. The purpose as most of you may know was to officially open my architectural firm in 2020 because I finally got a lot of clients by myself in end of 2019. This gave me a lot motivation to make this blog a real business. 

The downfall

As everyone remember 2020 was economical downfall for the whole world with this pandemic. This meant of course clients cancelled or project's were stagnant during the pandemic. And I had to work as freelance for two more years. 


See the light in the darkness

But because I had downtime I'd decided to make this content anyway. And just act like my company was going to be a reality real soon. I started with finally making this blog website. I still have to buy the domain but as always a beginning is just a start to the vision of something bigger. After that I made content for my own company's website. I wanted to create an online website that was usable for my services. But that actually was one or two years in the making but never got off the ground. So this year after big changes personally I decided to come up with alternatives to still offer an online experience. This year because the building department's changes in July 2022 I had to remove a lot and last step was the necessity of creating my own business. 


How did I start my business?

My journey to finally opening an architectural design studio 
1) register as architectural drafter building department 2016
2) work experience 2013-2022
3) use blog for branding 2016
4) create a work network 2018-2022
5) expand online presence 2019
6) keep your portfolio up to date 2017
7) register as architectural design studio kkf 2022
8) create online design studio 2022
9) create a yearly potential monthly cashflow 2022
10) open a business bank account 2022
11) register for taxes 2022
12) rebrand your online presence 2022
13) create content for new business 2023
14) relaunch business and start promoting 2022 or 2023
15) stay consistent | work hard | pray hard but be thankful 2013-for life

August 2022

First step was to inform what was needed to open this company. 
  • Passport photograph
  • Adjust curriculum vitae
  • Making copies of diplomas and certificates
  • Parcel map
  • Statement of permission to use location
  • Nationality statement
  • CBB extract
  • Payment at OW&V cash register
  • Registration fee for KKF
  • ID card

September - October 2022

The journey to get the papers in order took about two months. By mid September I had the documents for registration as sole proprietorship. But due to more information I'd decided for an limited company. So I needed the following documents and find money as for;
  • Use savings for KKF fee for opening limited company
  • Make an appointment for KKF to draw up statutes
  • Establish business activities and objective for Articles of Association
  • KKF fee for setting up an limited company
  • Registration fee for KKF
  • Come up with a name because RC Designs was used over the years
October 21,2022 RC Designs Architectural Studio N.V. was established as a limited company. But the waiting for the architect's permit is still a waiting game for about more than three months.

I will stay positive and leave this point for God. I know that I've had freelance & intern experience since 2013. 


Finishing projects in 2022

Because of the building department debacle I'd decided to work less as a freelancer. And I've solely been finishing ongoing freelance projects since May 2022. Those also took a long time. The rules had changes and not knowing if I could deliver the end project to freelance bosses was a maybe.



October 2022

The next step was to make sure that my business bank accounts were opened. But life happens and I got a burnout with me getting sick for no good reason than my body saying take it slow. The information for opening this was a doozy to get. 
  • CBB extract
  • KKF extract
  • Statutes for the limited company
  • ID card
  • financial statement forecast
Tax Changes in Suriname

Of course the taxes had to change in Suriname. And I had to figure out what BTW would mean to my future finances. I've asked a lot of people and noticed something. Entrepreneurs know jack about their taxes and that everyone pay others to do their finances and taxes. But as a starting company this is not a good idea for now. Plus it's like 75 Euros. Anybody that gives free advice about taxes comment below. 

During my downtime 

I started making my financial statement forecast. First I started with my work expenses.  With a lot of help of others I also was able to calculate my hour rate needed for personal expenses. Finances is not my strong field so it always takes awhile for myself. But it was a success after about a week or two bugging friends, colleagues and family for information.
Link below helped me a lot!! How to calculate your hourly rate. 💸

New prices & Services

New Business means also different services and prices. So I had to do fieldwork to come up with my prices for 2023. 



Creating online experience 
for RC Designs Architectural Studio N.V.

The purpose of my design process is to create an online experience.
I created online forms by using google:
  • intake form
  • building permit form
  • site visit forums
  • E-Design form (specification drawings)
  • E-Design form (interior & exterior drawings)
This took like three weeks to make and finished somewhere in November with all the online forms.



Be smart with the income

I've always learned to make sure that as a company you'll need to make sure that from your income a part is directly put in a different account. 
  1. business depreciation expense (?%)
  2. pension (15%)
  3. payroll tax (?% )
  4. sales tax (12%)
  5. AOV (4%)
  6. Income tax (36%)
Now that was the purpose of the business bank accounts but people banks don't want to evolve I guess. If you have any advice how you keep your money separate let me know in the comment section

Being Reachable for business

Because I like my privacy I don't want to use my personal mobile number for work. So I made sure to buy a new mobile number and create a business WhatsApp account. 

November 2022

November 3rd, 2022 I was healthy enough to go to the bank and open my business account. Now the waiting starts from the bank and for the building permit of my last freelance project.

Social media changes

Because the blog's name will not be used as it is for the company. I had to make sure their is an obvious difference. I choose to keep this blog website's name the same. But I did change the header with more information of the company and you can read if you go on our Home page. I discussed the business, the owner's bio, our services and last our bio of this blow website. 

I changed Instagram and my YouTube channel into my company's name. Later the Facebook groups were updated. And last I gave my Facebook page an update

Templates

The importance of templates is for a smooth workflow. The first one was of course my AutoCAD file. The second was the finances excel sheet for next year and years to come.Last week I did the third meaning important letters ; 
  • invoice
  • open account
  • follow-up letter
  • quotation
  • service feedback
  • Agreement
The waiting game

This last week of November is still me hoping for two things a response on the building permit front and last the bank account. After that the last official step would have to be register at the tax office. Pray for this!!

Creating content for the introduction of 
RC Designs Architectural Studio N.V.

This week I'll work on content for introduction of the company and finishing this rebranding on three important social media presences for my business. 


December 2022

In December RCD readers can enjoy the content we create for this last phase. 

Important notifications:

  • The introduction of RC Designs Architectural Studio N.V. can be followed on our Instagram and Facebook page. Like & Follow plus turn on the notification bell to get this content on time. 
  • We'll see you back in January with new blog content. We'll post an online survey right before Christmas for your preference feedback for our blog content. We'll post this on our Facebook page and personal Linked In. If you want the link in December make sure to write your email address in the comment section or mail us rcdesigns2016@hotmail.com or send a WhatsApp :+(597) 845-8504 
Thank you for your support
See you back next year.

Comments

Most popular