Just show up | Day in the life RCD

JUST SHOW UP FOR YOURSELF AND YOU'LL BE GOOD


Hello RCD readers,

I'm watching a series from an older friend of mine. She is starting or has already started a podcast. Not sure. I'm at episode three. This is really informative if you're thinking about starting a podcast or if you're a introvert like me having a business and or thinking about starting one.

Introvert entrepreneurs 
She started with a private Facebook group. And posted almost a whole year in the group until she was ready to invite people. In which I was one of them. I tried to be supportive and check the clips and be responsive in what she posted. But I couldn't keep up. Life was too hectic. But that makes you think. Because in this aspect I was the follower and not the public page owner. I kind of got why people don't really stay. And it made second guess the social media impact of it all. I mean how important is it to post content that your readers, followers or subscribers want to see consistently. 

Point one; you are not a mind reader
I've seen a couple of public figures in different social media outlets break their head for supporters and reactions. With that also new client's. And a lot are failing.  Because in one aspect there material gets boring for me as a watcher or reader.  And the views and response drops.  Your fans change. There needs change. And unless you are a mind reader. You can't always be sure with what the audience wants.

Point two; is posting consistently actually worth the hassle 
I'm actually not sure. I know the hassle to make content consistently and informative plus audience attentively. This concept takes 
- good management
- content calendar
- free time outside your normal job
- research
But is this idea worth the try. Not sure at all. 

Point three; will this give you the results you need
As I spoke about this in a blog post already. I'm second guessing the influence social media has on your real supporters and amount of potential clients. 

Why should you check her YouTube series?
I haven't finished the playlist in it's whole but up till know it's very informative and helpful.

If I don't believe in this having the influence that people promise online than why am I posting still?

Just show up
I love seeing people response and learn something out of what I post. That is my most important reason. I learn a lot from other's even if I don't follow some pages after years still. But for the season I need to see, read and learn their lesson I was in attendance. So that is my mindset now. I choose my channels, I choose what I find interesting and important to share and most important I JUST SHOW UP FOR ME.

I know that sounds weird but let me explain.
RC Designs purpose
When I started this blog in 2016 on Facebook the purpose was sharing my design process from freelance work that I received from different companies and pro-bono work too. Most important to get clients outside from freelance employer. Mine followers grew the most on Facebook but the amount of client's from that is very low. So my purpose changed over the years. My main focus changed from finding clients into sharing my work and getting exposure. Now this is also because my choice of work. If I was selling food or clothes, I'm sure my amount followers would have more influence on my clients.

My advice for you with the just show up for yourself
Every single person that I stopped following still has a lot of subscribers. Or the views are less but their clients isn't. Which means with every one person less that watches, reads or listens to your content. You'll get another one. So don't stress on the views or likes because it doesn't have influence on the bigger purpose. 

YOUR LESSON HAS BEEN SHARED AND WILL BE THEIR FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO FIND IT AT THEIR PERFECT TIME.


Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular