Illusion of social media| Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers, 

How much should you actually worry about your social media presence? How much time should you spent on it? Is it worth it?

Advice of the years about social media
  • Join tiktok. You'll get more views
  • Create YouTube content of what is streaming and you'll views get more
  • Follow your fan's preference in content and you'll have returning viewers
  • The amount of people watching your content will directly influence the amount of people you'll have as clients or supporters.
  • The amount of followers means the amount of people watching everything you post
  • The amount of followers means your page us functional and successful 

Wrong wrong wrong!! It's a fluke. It's as scam. 
I help run a couple of Facebook pages. I've learned a couple of things.
  • Views or people reached doesn't mean  that's the amount of people interested in your event
  • Likes and approving of events doesn't mean that is the amount that will attend 
  • Followers of your page doesn't mean that's the amount of client's you'll have
  • Most important asking for the price doesn't mean you'll have a client
Now is that not the purpose of this social media presence? Or let's say is social media not succeeding in it's  purpose? Or do we misunderstand the purpose of this marketing strategy?!

What are the three main purposes of social media?
  • Informing
  • Persuading
  • Building relationships of trust.

And that's it!!

The biggest misconceptions is that your social media presence and consistency will result to a lot of client's.  NO!! It will only result to informing people with what you do and remember who you are. 

The clientele rising result is all you
The clientele built up is outside social media.  
  • It's about the way you work. 
  • It's about your professionalism.
  • It's about your transparency.  
  • It's about your work ethic. 
  • It's about your quality and efficiency at work. 

So focus on that!!

Knowing that now. 
My social media presence is changing. 

  • I keep blogging because it helps with transparency and learn who you're taking as an architect if you need one. It creates word of mouth. It creates opportunities of other colleagues for partnerships. It creates an open dialogue. 
  • I use instagram less because it has no influence on my business anymore and is mostly waste of energy most project's.  
  • I'm still using YouTube channel to push myself of learning new subject. Because that is just as informative for me as for you. I learn new people around the world. I get some feedback on my work and my articles. And I see my evolution as film maker and presenter.
Now why do I still use Facebook?
In my groups I have more control. 
  • Article group I get enough views but less response. But they do love the blog's.  
  • My book club is just for my love of reading which I have no time for. 
  • My project group is perfect for sharing my work. But only problem is the amount of people is low because I can't make it public. 
  • And Facebook page is were I share everything.  It's the perfect platform of every kind of person. Plus your insights help you figure out who marketing target is.
Tik tok
Omg that is a hopeless cause for me. I don't have the energy to make short informative but fun clips. 

Lesson of the day
  1. Remember the importance of social media. Use it wisely. 
  2. Don't waste more time than you should on it. 
  3. And don't focus on the amount of people. Just have fun. 
  4. Remember interactions doesn't mean new client's.  Some people are just nosy like me.
Have a blessed day 

Comments

  1. Do what you love and you'll never be wrong. People inspire more when is truthful and authentic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most popular