Your Worth | Tuesday 30th november 2021


Hello RCD readers,

I felt like writing first before going back to work today after hectic months. Actually I want to vent a little. I'm just going to dive right into what has been bothering me today. So I can focus on my work for the day.
 
I've had the privilege of getting a freelance project in May for a restaurant design. I am / was so excited  because it will be my first restaurant design / commercial design. My creative aspect is entirely not used in this project. I'm a drafter, which is sometimes part of the job when working for an employer. Because it's not my client but min employer's. BUT you take what you can.

So here I try to combine my other freelance project with this project that would be handled differently if this was my client. 
 
Today I have to make an appointment for a company to do groundwork. But the cost need to covered by my employer. I haven't heard from him since last Tuesday. Today I chose not to work because I haven't been paid yet nor communicated the phase of this project. So I have to give him the chance to fulfill his payment, to respond etc. By not doing my part. I can't go and give the money myself that would be stupid. So we wait...Until he responds and payment is fulfilled.
 
This is out of my comfort because I always want to do my best in each task. BUT I'm learning slowly the no work no pay mentality.

It's easy to fall into working to finish something because you want it to succeed too. But sometimes you need to stop. 

You have to put more worth in what you do by demanding the change of the workspace you need.
 
Have an amazing Tuesday

Comments

Most popular