Hello October



Hi RCD readers

It’s the end of the week, and October has begun really, really well.

I had a site visit on Tuesday that went great. The second site visit didn't go quite as planned—mostly because I couldn't get there any earlier—so for the third one, I’ll be heading out a bit earlier. To finish everything on time, I know I'll need to work longer hours so I can get to the fun part: sketching, 3D modeling, and letting the inspiration flow.

Right now, I’m managing multiple projects at completely different stages, and to be honest, it’s getting a little overwhelming. I want to do every single one of them really, really well. While my overall planning is going well, managing projects across various phases without a fully set system in place means a few things slip through.

Usually, my go-to solution would be working late into the night. But as a family, we really lean on and support each other. With my family responsibilities taking energy, and my brother having his own responsibilities, we step in wherever we can. It really takes a village to care for one another and build the family up. But paired with my work schedule, the hours have been a bit insane and tiring.

On a positive note: ballet hours have officially begun! 🩰
The first week went so well. Both the first and second classes felt great—I know I chose the right classes. They are right in my niche, and after doing this for so long, I’m truly in my zone when I’m teaching. I still need to work on how I talk to new students and parents, though; I’m naturally not super social, so that’s an area I want to keep improving on.

Studio Project Round-Up
Here is a quick look at what’s currently on my desk:
  • Project S: Almost finished! I just need to wrap up the final detail drawings.
  • Project M (1): He just responded, so I'm moving forward with the next steps.
  • Project M (2): Waiting on the (plot map) before I can take the preliminary design any further.
  • Project B: Working on two construction drawings. My official deadline is the end of November, but my personal goal is to wrap this up by the end of October!
  • Building Permit Project: This one has been weighing heavily on me. When a client feels disappointed, even when you’ve given it your absolute best, it’s hard not to internalize that stress.
New Enquiries & Surprises
I also have a few potential site visit services line up:
  • One new client just sent a request that I almost missed! I’m getting a price proposal over to her so she knows the cost upfront and can decide how to move forward.
  • Another client had to reschedule last week due to a migraine and hasn't rebooked yet.
For the projects or leads where communication has gone quiet—which is completely normal in this field—I’m choosing not to stress. I pray that what is meant for me will be mine, and what isn't will simply move along. I am leaving those in God's hands and putting my full focus and energy into the work right in front of me.

My main priorities for October are clear: finish Project S, wrap up Project B by the end of the month, and push both Project's M across the finish line.

Comments

Most popular