Surrender | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,
 
Yesterday was my 8 years anniversary of my Facebook Page. It all started with a Facebook blog. I still remember being so nervous to make it. And 8 years later:
- almost 2years architect's studio
- 4 years blog website 
- multiple RCD articles, RCD projects on YouTube
- a couple of Day in the life clips
- 3 Facebook groups
- One WhatsApp Channel
This is a short blogpost. Mostly because it's authentic. And a lesson I needed to share. Surrender to Him.
*side note Submit to Him |Day in the life RCD 

Today I'm surrendering. Weekend I let my fear and anger take over. Somebody's mistake can make anger and fear take over if you let it. And that's what happened. No I didn't go off on somebody. I kept my composure. Mostly because I know calmness is needed when things left.

Anger
But with that I my anger grew. When I kept repeating what went wrong and how the situation could be handled differently. When I saw the outcome and aftermath of the person's mistake. How many times people said "They must've been scared. That's why they did something wrong and try to hide it." Some wanted me to sympathize and said "they must've cried in a corner". I couldn't accept those responses yet. I wasn't in that mindset. I was angry, sad and frustrated. I ruined my own mood. And everything was irritating me. I was doing the blaming game which doesn't help the situation at all.

Fear
That overthinking the situation. And thinking about the worst case scenario coming out. Which doesn't help you at all. With that you can start being scared and doing your best holding your tears from coming down your cheeks. But once you start crying. You aren't sure when that will stop. This fear goes into a mindset of feeling hopeless. Which news flash you are and you aren't.

Surrender
The surrendering has to set in. For me it started with praying when I was getting really angry at the person. It continued when the worst case scenario (thought) started haunting me. That woke me up right away. I started praying even when I felt really hopeless and sad. Because I needed to get into the mindset of surrendering to Him. 

God keeps repeating until I go to surrender first. Instead of anger, fear, hopelessness, pray and finally surrender.

Repent as much as you forgive
These last two days I had to keep saying. "I forgive them. I know it was a mistake." And with that I needed to repent of the anger that I had built up because of this. Fear and Anger is just the devil way to make you turn from what God has for you. Peace of mind.

And I saw a Facebook memory that said it all
"God isn't asking you to figure it out. He's asking you to trust that He already has."

Lesson of the week:
"We are all humans. Flawed humans. We make mistakes. And wish to take back what we did wrong. We wish for mercy from the ones we hurt. But sometimes we never get that change. So do your best to forgive others and let it go. Give it to God."

Comments

Most popular