Woman's work | Day in the life of a female architectural designer


 
Hello RCD readers,

This blog post was written on Wednesday, March 16, 2022. Because of international women's day I choose to write about own workday. I couldn't come up with a day, so I choose a random day to write.

Early mornings
I try to wake up early. But how well that's going is another question. But this day I woke up around 6 o'clock. I was tired of the day before.


The night before work
I have a freelance project. My freelance employer is employed to build a swimming pool. So, I worked the whole day on trying to finish drawings for the pump house.
 
Morning routine
My morning routine consist of feeding the dog. My dog gets fed before me every day and still my boyfriend makes me feel like I don't take care of the dog and should do better. Which my answer would be you can take her and see how well you be doing.
 
After my dog is fed, I always clean up. I live with my mother and we kind of split the tasks. I like it because I'm busy, so I always pencil in when I need to do certain tasks. I'm a late eater so around this time I would not be eating breakfast yet.
 
I contact my boyfriend. I think I should stop. I'm feeling clingy and it's one sided today. So it feels too much. But he needs to go to the doctor, so I was worried like always.


Starting my day
Writing down my tasks for the day is important because I need to know what my day looks like. Taking a bath and going out the door


Building department
By 8.30 I was at the building department. The administration and cleaning crew are always polite because I make sure to say hello to them. This makes my visit their always better. Not saying the supervisors or people that work in the building department have been nice to me. But because I stay polite and professional, I'm never at the wrong in any project.


Project JL
The point was to talk to the supervisor and deliver the drawings, but this supervisor wanted to make an unnecessary point about the corrections again. I stayed polite let the supervisor talk. The person had sometimes incorrect responses and notable repeating what she was told because she didn't have corrections. But I corrected everything and delivered it so in two weeks it will have a building permit. This project is from December. So, this is super annoyingly long.
 
Project Fred
The second project I still can't take it nor was the supervisor at work. Which meant I couldn't take it home and couldn't hear what the corrections are. This project was sent in January. Fun right.


Being my own assistant
When I came home/office I took the money I saved up to buy cartridges for cyan and magenta. The price stayed the same which I was happy, and one cartridge finally had XL, so I didn't have to buy two large for that color which saved me SRD 200. Did some shopping for my mom which included buying meat for the month and binding some papers for her work.
 
Break time
I took a kind of break when I came home. I wrote down my spending for that day and wrote my blog post for the last two weeks of March. By 1.30 my niece came home so I babysat her and she told me about her day. I helped her read a schoolbook and rested up before my sister came to pick her up.


Work time
Working as a freelancer means my day can change really every day. So today I must work at night because my busy morning. By 5 o'clock I started working finally for the day. My checklist for today was:
  • floor plan swimming pool and sauna
  • floor plan seating area and lake
  • foundation plan sauna area
  • cross section and details of pump house
 
At night my sweet boyfriend came to visit me again. And we spent some time together. I can't wait till we both are financially stable. So that we go to the next phase of our dream.


Have a great day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular