Seasons changing | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Time is changing.  Season changing. Today is keti koti. In 1863 today Suriname had abolition of slavery. Our ancestors from African descent were free. Which is such a weird concept because our ancestors had to work 10more years before officially being allowed to not work on the plantations.  

161 years ago doesn't sound that long. If I think about that grandparents parents had to be slaves. My grandfather if he was alive would've been above 110. He witnessed both wars as most our grandparents from my generation.  

Has a lot changed since then?

Slavery still exist in the world. We still have human trafficking. People have a better way of hiding this. Mostly because ofcourse it's illegal. 

Do I believe the next generation will see a better change then my parents and now my generation are facing?
I have no idea. Only God knows that. What I will have to say is we have a lot of opinions. We have a lot of critique as always and little realistic solutions. We have a lot heroic gestures and little actual problem solving. 

Back to the title.
When I came up with this title I didn't think that I was going to write it in July nor did I think that I was going to talk about keti koti. But here we are and the title was also fitting. 

My season is changing and for somebody who disliked change. I'm embracing it with open arms including outgrowing people. I'm also embracing my personal growth. 

In my social life. Standing in my ground. Learning is okay to say no. Learning to stand firm in other's disrespect with a calm and thought out reponse or action. Not oversharing to people that don't share their life with me like that.  Enjoying life on my own terms. Nurturing friendships that mean a lot to me and giving the same energy , love and attention back to them. Having fun with the little joys, my hobbies and a lot of peace of mind actions. And most important acceptance of people character and choosing how I participate in their behaviour. 

Focussing on my professional life. I'm embracing the not feeding burn outs. By taking breaks.  Having realistic time lines. And not letting clients dictate how fast I deliver the deadline. As long as I hold on to the discussed timeline I should not budge to people pleasing. I'm embracing how to stay professional in bad situations and not respond ever on drama or unnecessary disrespect. Be the bigger person but remove myself from negative situations. Most important creating work boundaries and respecting them for myself.

This season of my life I'm embracing growth and creating an balance in my life that I've missed. Those early mornings. Those cleaning day's. Those Sunday drives. Those long talks with loved ones. Those mental and spiritual growths in which my anxiety and irritations diminishes. This because my praying and leaning into letting go with trusting God will take over. That was something I've been working on to achieve again for years. You see saying it and believing it are two different things. Finally being in space to know how to actually believe in it is amazing. And knowing every negative emotion how to tap into God's presence again.  Because this is an constant nurturing relationship with God. Which I didn't know back then. The importance of staying connected with the Lord.  That goes beyond going to church and participating. It goes to spiritually connecting on a daily basis with Him for peace and strength. And most important applying the Lord's gospel in your own life.

So as I'm going into the happiest and peaceful years of my life. Just because He is creating the peace in me everyday. And as seasons are promised to change. I'm enjoying every second of this. 

Have a blessed day everyone 


Comments

Most popular