Day 4| Fasting 2024


Hello RCD readers,

Today is day 4. Matthew 4. Jesus fasting 40days and was tested by the devil. 

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

We need God in our life. He gives us strength, joy , determination to go through to life. Only God loves us unconditionally in life and always will.  Every situation in my life God gave me strength and determination I needed to keep moving forward.

Today I woke up early because He woke me up to read my bible. My scripture for the day. I try to read even when I feel like it's hard to be persistent.  Because I know their is just something always working against us to do so. Time. Always something to do. Always something to finish. Always something to be occupied with. Always that little voice why is it needed.  

Saying it's the devil would be pushing it. Saying it's laziness is on point. But I did the bare minimum today I would say. Reading a scripture for this morning. 

Days off
This week I took two days off. I was right for that. I couldn't work one second. Yesterday the contractor sent me his calculations. And I finished the project yesterday and mailed everything with 4 fours of work. And in the end I was so tired and sleepy at night. Because of the busy week. And listening to my new favourite singer's helps me during those hours that I need a push. I was irritated but kept it to myself. People don't need your frustration.  Not to be perfect all the time. But because really being kind during the hard days is what God wants from us. The fact that when going through it I know people's kindness and love helped me.

Cynical 
I've seen for the past year's memories on a daily. It's tempting and distracting to me to live in the present with this. Is also why I delete or hide those memories a lot. Is the only way to be present in life. But I've become cynical thinking about the past. Knowing what I know now and I can see the bs from a mile away. Do I follow other's that lie to themselves and act like they don't see the truth?  Which is hard to go with what's right for my life and not just do what is expected from me. 

Fasting is always perfect period where I go through a spiritual reflection in my life. Past present and future. 

What from my past is not dealt. What from my present needs extra attention.  What from my future am I really working on.

Past
A dear friend told me don't think about the past ever just move on. And he meant with everything.  I'm not talking about romantic relationship also platonic or even failed project's or situations. That infamous " move on ". It's such a crap. But as an overthinker. I tend to listen to this tip. Always reflecting on situations will make you stagnate for the present.

Present 
On a daily I'm letting myself learn to focus on what is important. And staying stuck on a No is a waste of your energy and time. The present has so much beauty, joy and love if you just focus on the good in your life. 

Future 
Is good to focus on what you want and work towards it but with this make time to be present with the little beautiful moments you go through daily.

Have a blessed Saturday 


Comments

Most popular