Day 2 | Fasting 2024



Hello RCD readers,

Today is the 2nd day. I write before the day has begun really this time. More because I have a lot on my mind. I'm taking two days off and praying God guides me these days and weeks. Including my family. I pray for them every day. That they are blessed and guided by God daily. 

Before I go on with my day I would love to talk about the book I choose to read the synoptic gospels. I've read it before a couple of times but it felt fitting for fasting. Me wanting to stay close to God why not start with Jesus's story.

Matthew 1

Matthew begins his Gospel account by sharing the genealogy of Jesus, the Messiah. By beginning with Abraham, Matthew is showing how Jesus is the fulfillment of key provisions of God's covenant with Abraham.

The first time I read this it a question of mine that I never understood was answered.  The question how did we know He was going to be somebody special.  Before any miracle and birth. The fact that Abraham and King David were his ancestors says almost everything.  It was like a full circle moment of the old testament.  The prophesies had become a reality in the most beautiful calculated way.

Before I read Matthew I checked the theme again. What stands out from the get go is something I learned as a child  " Yes He was the king of the Jews but also of the sinners." We have to stop pushing other's who are not like us out. That is the reason we have so many different  Christian churches. The injustice and judgement we as Christian sinners ourselves give other non Christians. Is also the reason a lot of people leave the church. The community isn't their. They go looking for it in other places. And some create their own Christian community.  I'm not the one to speak on it and say it's not what God wants. Because some are preaching the gospel.  Some are helping other's in Jesus's name. So that I don't know. If it was God's plan all along because He knew we as humans would fumble to stay one unit as Christians. I don't have the answer for that. What I do have the answer for is showing kindness and respect for other cultures and religion's around me with no judgement. 

It's hard when I may not understand or agree with everything. But I know that is what God wants from us.

Have a blessed day 
Check my normal blog post for today. 

Comments

Most popular