The kids are alright | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

The kids are alright granny. This blog is a little tribute to a special woman that was a big part of my life.


Tribute to Erna Elizabeth Burnett-Lansman

As I got a reminder from my uncle that his mother's would celebrate her birthday if she was still here. Now that itself would've been a blessing.  Granny would turn 105 years last week if she was still here.

This special day made me think back what she would say about all of her kid's and grand children. I can't speak about anybody in the family but myself of course. Because that would be kind of rude. So let's talk about what I would tell granny about my life.

A letter to granny


Hey sweet granny.

I can drive granny
Granny I'm not scared of driving like I use to be. I don't need you to yell at drivers anymore for me being nervous on the road. I don't care what they would say anymore. I still talk in the car like you do. As if the drivers around me can hear me.

I graduated granny
You may have missed my grades for University like I promised you but I graduated in 2014 and with a hard time again. But your little girl did you proud. I was focused Granny. I didn't let my back then situation (health) ruin me from graduating. I was strong granny and finished it. 

Your great grandchildren
You have a lot of great grandchildren granny. Naturally and fostered. They are very young. And no granny.. I'm not a mommy yet but when this grand daughter is blessed with her kid's we'll have a big age gap. But they'll have so much love. 

I was loved and still am
You missed my first puppy love, first love and first adult relationship.  But don't worry my last love is right around the corner. Yes granny your little girl has witnessed love and it past but I'm better on the other side. I was brave and have no what if's with anybody. Everyone knows how I feel or have felt about them. So I can move on with no regrets.

I love myself
I learned how to love. But most important how to love myself better. Your little girl is still good with just herself. I lost her in my twenties granny but I found her back again. That little girl that wasn't afraid to voice her opinion. That little girl who enjoys herself.

I found God again
I've gotten that relationship with God back. I hear his voice better again. I finally feel his presence again. I read the scriptures again granny but this time I have my own bible. 

I got your cooking talent
I got your cooking talent a little. Not the cookies yet but going to get there I have time for that. Soeng ngie is still on the tv cooking a storm and trying those recipes this time for you.

I've become my mommy (the fun, go to aunty)
I'm a great aunty. Very hands on. A lot of "plak todo's". I'm making sure they learn those values, morals, kindness and work ethic that you made sure we saw. They are so funny and bring so much joy. You would be proud of the love that goes into the next generation. 

I'm a Teacher
I'm still a ballet teacher granny.  Next year will be 16 years. I'm so much better and found my own voice plus my teaching style that works for me. I don't care nor listen to negative critique anymore. Now I've tried everything that I've learned and did the way they wanted. And finally am at a point where I'm going to stop second guessing plus listening to people giving subtle hits consistently that I'm bad at teaching ballet.

I have an architecture firm
And last Granny .. Your little girl finally achieved her dream to open my own architecture firm. Grandpa would be proud. I have 6 clients this year up till now. And they are all happy client's. So your girl is doing well. The ones that didn't hit the getting that project phase ended professionally and politely. So no bad blood. I also strong enough to ask what I'm worth and not budge with my own work ethics. You would be proud because that is hard in a corrupt country.

Until next letter. I'm happy granny. Your strong & tough little girl is back. I'm not losing her again. 

Love you.

Comments

Most popular