Peace of mind is expensive | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

As we are just in October and almost end of this year. I feel so at peace.

I keep repeating this in my blog posts. Nope... Shit still sometimes hits the fan. I still get those days where I get overwhelmed and don't know how things will be fixed. I still make mistakes and stray away from my journey. Where I either make the wrong decisions or I'm stagnant with my growth. Downfalls and struggling are ineffable. 

But the most important thing. My life is peaceful. I'm at peace with myself.

Acquiring that peace was a lot of work. I wanted to discuss this a little in depth.

What do I mean peace of mind?
Peace of mind means just what it sounds like: a state in which your brain is calm, at ease, and untroubled by worry. This common phrase describes a feeling of tranquility or state of carefree contentment that can be hard to achieve.

Now as we know feelings fade. Including infatuation.  That's why I would have to say finding peace of mind is a constant work and stems highly from your mindset. And important maintaining that mindset.

That's why it's hard to achieve and hard to maintain. Same as love. Love as I've noticed a lot of people don't get it's a choice. It starts with a feeling but the length of the feeling being in love is choice after a awhile.  Same as family with me. Not perfect but it's a choice to keep loving them. Loving somebody never fades when you really have loved a person. But because it's was a choice. So it can't fade. You just choose to love yourself more and choose yourself every single day. Everyone I ever loved has a piece of me that they can keep.

Don't get too mushy people. 
Love  is universal and is also meant platonic here.

What is my peace of mind?
- One important thing would be not having anxiety like I used too in my twenties and early 30's. 
- Being the healthiest version of myself. I know my mind is right when I feel myself the healthiest and strong enough to care for my body well. 
- Feeling and embracing pure happiness. Most important with this would be being happy. Doing what makes me happy.
- Feeling like I'm feeding my soul. This means my relationship with God. 
- Not being overstressed that my weight is a huge issue and my health too
- I'm human. So maintaining and silencing those negative thought, emotions and actions that bring depression, insecurities and feeling like a failure is going to take a lot of effort.

People don't talk about this at all. But getting into that mindset is hard.

Somebody close told me last year you seemed really happy... And this year somebody saw a picture of me on Instagram (after seeing me mentally not okay but hello never asking me about it) said that I look really happy and that they loved seeing me this happy. 

This is shit is hard as hell. It's hard to come to this place in life.

How to obtain peace of mind?
1) Choosing who you let in your space.
The older I get the more I know it's important who I need to share my life with. The person has to be kind, supportive and understanding with my life choices. Also be critical, honest and hold me accountable. But it also meant letting friends, family and colleague's go that don't care about me. And on purpose or by accident made me feel not loved by them. 

2) Choosing not continuing relationship that makes me feel drained, sad, anxious and unloved

This is a painful part. Mostly people don't get it. They choose peace in the family instead of their own happiness and peace of mind.  By choosing to let people come back in your life that chose to leave. People that choose not to feed the relationship. Let it go. 

3) Not responding to everything.

This is hard. You are not a fixer for everything. Not because you feel somebody's pain means you need to fix. Not because you understand and give empathy towards hurt broken people means that your pieces are less worthy. Listening with no response of the key to your own piece of.

4) Self movement
This was a big discussion in September with friends. The self movement. 
*Disclaimer: people actually use this movement to create a God complex of themselves. I do agree truth in that.
The misconception that it means 
- you are selfish or 
- the misconception that you think you did everything alone 
- that you think you are God
- but most important the misconception that you think you can fix shit by yourself without God.
For those who believe they did shit themselves. Good for you. God will help you figure out that statement out for yourself. 

But I know better and when I choose me. It's what I need to do. Not because I think I can do it by myself but He will sent the people that will lead me and help if He thinks I need that. So I need to focus on doing my part and that means loving the person God created and taking care of the person He made. That includes believing in myself, protecting my peace, doing the work by myself. 

Just like the quote " Do the work and let God do the rest"


Comments

Most popular