One Day Or Day One |Day in the life RCD




Hello RCD readers,

I wrote this blog post already but accidentally deleted it. So bear with me trying this again. Different approach.

One Day or Day One
An important person has that as quote on social media and it spoke to me. It fits perfectly with my current business journey. It also fits perfect with my sudden changes in 2nd passion. And last is fits perfectly with my personal life.

1 year work anniversary 
RC Designs Architectural Studio is turning 1 year on Saturday.  A year ago I did not think I would be alone during this process. I amplified my emotions by furthering the ineffable choice to start this business. Because I was scared and leaning into the perfect moment. And somebody said something cruel but true. 
Are you going to do it or not? 
Who are you waiting for? 

It shocked me but it was true. I was waiting for that immature notion that somebody was going to hold my hand while doing this and be their unconditionally for every step. But that's not true. This is sadly a solo journey.  Until you create the right team for you. This is going to be your responsibility to make successful or fail.

I wanted to talk about my monthly process for this year. But maybe God said this will be boring and deleted the whole thing. *Just joking. 

What have I learned from this first year?
👉I have learned that you are going to have month's where you don't make any money. 
👉Legal side is time consuming and will make you have to wait but it's important in the long run
👉Investing in your business is important but paying yourself back is more important.
👉You have to create a buffer. That means money for month's where you know that you will not make any money but monthly expenses 
👉Work hours are important even if the time is unconventional. So that you actually have time to create a life for yourself 
👉Making time for just you is important 
👉It's delusional to think you'll break even the first year. 
👉you have to learn leadership skills, communication skills, marktening skills, negotiations skills, sales skills etc. The list still goes on
👉You will have potential client's where the yes was already there and they ghost you or cancel. 
👉You will have support from people you didn't expect and no support from people that you thought would
👉You will feel scared but brave
👉You will unqualified but always know what to do (imposter syndrome)
👉You will have to become a different person to be the leader your business needs without losing your ethics, morals and own standards. 
👉You will have to sacrifice 
👉You will have to be open to learn new things
👉I had to learn to be more social. I made some nice acquaintances and friends
I can actually go on and on.
👉making content is important but doesn't directly impact your new client's.  Every like or engagement is not a new client. But content is to keep your business on people mind and introduces yourself plus your business to potential new clients

Final curtain
My sacrifice creates a new concept of my future 
I choose to let following ballet classes go because of personal life and work growth.  But that also opens up a future with a BIG WHAT IF. 

How will my life be if this is permit? How will this impact me? Good way or Bad way. What will I do now? These are questions that keep coming up and they feel great to not be answered yet. Creating your reality is scary but exhilarating.

Journey with God
My personal life has changed. I only put my faith and trust in the Lord. I embrace the people he sends to me with a slow openness. And I make choices not be polite but that are beneficial towards my own growth. I don't go with the flow to be polite. I make sure I hear my own voice before letting other's opinions make choices for me.

Goals for 2nd year:
👉buy monitor and finish my at home work office
👉make blogwebsite my own
👉create online work website
👉create content that has engaging readers and watchers
👉make RCD WhatsApp group a succes and create a mailing list
👉most important steady income
👉give client's an amazing design experience 

Thank you for supporting who supported me. Up to the next year.

A year has passed and it still feels like I've just started. I'm embracing this journey with God's protection, wisdom and blessings. The right people will keep coming my way and I will keep growing.

Up to two years💪💪

Comments

Most popular