Structure or Chaos |Day in the life RCD




Hello RCD readers,

Writers blockages
This month began with a huge writers block. I had a blockage for blog inspiration, stagnant brain for work content. My go to is making my content the month before. Because I was stagnant the whole time, I felt slightly pressured to make my content perfect. That means engaging, fresh and high reach amount.

How to deal with writers blockage
The go-to solution is write it all down and use structure to come up with content. That means I have a vision and just have to think about making the content but the plan is in motion. This takes the stress and pressure off because you feel less overwhelmed.  

Structure 
With structure I mean planning the work load before starting.

Step 1: Identify your goals
For me it would be make enough content that will be well received. This doesn't need to require too much work. And last that will inspire me to actually write it. So my goal is marketing strategy for the month by making  a content calendar

Step 2:  Define SMART objectives
These small tasks need to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound. 

Step 3: List of resources and assigned tasks
For me that would be :
- check my insights to figure out what worked well for viewers 
- check what the similarities are for these well received post
- check my hard drive for work images etc that I use or re-use as content
- use PowerPoint or canva or adobe premiere pro or layout app or Instagram reel function 
- check pexel or unsplash for no copyright images 
- save popular trending reel sounds or use recording app to record an important voiceover
- use google calendar to create content calendar and give the functional form that is strategic 

Step 4: Establish & Execute a timeline
For me that would be three days. I can't use to much time for this. So smart is making single post and carasol post within two days time mark. 

Chaos
My OCD would kill me. I can't work in chaos when it comes to things that are out of my comfort zone. So marketing, finances etc. I need structure and decisive plan of action with tasks. But when it comes to my passion. My work self. I work better in chaos. I work amazingly smooth when it's hectic and I have a million things to do. That is when my inspiration juices start flowing and I can come up with designs for clients. 

Definition of my chaos
- no to-do list 
- no order 
- multi tasking
- no definitive goal list 

What works better? Structure vs Chaos
From my side you have to master both. 
Pro's of structure:
- you know were you stand every second
- you always know how much still to do
- working smarter and efficiently

Cons of structure:
- the planning self plus the maintaining this plan takes a lot of time
- the planning with the task plus checking creates a lot of work
- not guarantee everything on the list will be checked of

Pro's of chaos:
- focus what feels easy to do first
- inspiration flows when it's something you're good at

Cons of chaos:
- always feel overwhelmed 
- working hard but not feeling like anything you've finished anything

Choose what feels right for you. 
Artist work better under pressure and in total chaos. Because that is when the inspiration and ideas come. But you have to create a system where you do check off what is done. That also means the overwhelming feeling will diminish.

What works for you?
comment below.

Comments

Most popular