Burn Bridges | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Don't burn your bridges. The most important thing I've learned by reading my bible. Don't go seeking out for revenge. It's not your job to do that. It's God.. He will make sure person learns their lesson. If that means reaping what the sow. Let that be. If that means showing kindness. Let that be.

I am a firm believer not start unnecessary drama with an client, an colleague, an boss, a teacher or a mentor ever in life. This is only bad karma for yourself.

But the question do I believe in burning bridges?
Honestly I think it really it's all about the situation your in. I've had 2 work environments where my senior downright rude, disrespectful or even sexist. Now those bridges I've burned. One I actually sent a nice f#$%  you email with the help of my father. It had to be professional and with the right grammer. But that bridge needed to be burned.

The second I let the person slowly go. No weird convo. No talking bad. Just blocked and removed my ass from that negative energy.

Would I talk bad about them? Nope.
Nobody did anything that a legal case would be necessary because I never let it get that far. But I will never associate myself with one of them. 

But what about people that lied or tried to nudge something that's against your morals and standards just to make their client happy. I'd stayed firm with my no and removed myself from the situation. 

Am I not talking to them? Of course I am.. They gave me chance when others wouldn't.  They believed in my work when others never responded once to solutation for the position.  

That's when you remember who gave you a helping hand. 

Now let's talk about those golden bridges
People that gave me a chance to draw for them. Ofcourse the pay was terrible but I got exposure.  I used some of their projects and content to start my Facebook page and grow RCD. They helped checked drawings. They gave me contact to more people in my workfield. They showed me business strategies.  They helped me get the knowledge I needed. 
I have mentors and bosses that I still promote or share their promo. I will still call or mail when needed. Or even give a referral towards them. Because they gave me chance.  For others I've heard different situations working with them but with me never. 

Should I stop referring them when my business is growing?
I don't know. But what I do know is what feels right. What I do know that if we work together and respect each other's way of working or marketing etc.than we will grow. 

So don't burn your bridges. Don't think you're better that anybody else in your profession. Today your up but tomorrow somebody else will be the IT company.  Just be true to yourself. Stay consistent and unique with what you can. And focus on your growth. Stop looking at other people yards. 

Comments

Most popular