Be intentional | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Welcome to May

This month has a lot of purpose professionally and personally. I started this month with my first company promotion with a discount. I made it last week in canva and by Saturday I was so afraid for the response. But didn't stalked anyone with complaints this time. Life happened personally and we had to focus on family personal things. This did kind of changed everything. I was suppose to be ready to share it everywhere. But I shared it the national day self instead. I did get a lot of response and reach was minimal on Facebook but really good on Instagram.

Last year a word stuck with me Ikigai. As a lot of important goals have finally been checked off the list. I can refocus more on living an intentional and purposeful life.

Now what does that mean?
Making choices that give you purpose in life. The question is what is that actually? 

For everyone that is something different.

Some it's feeling needed. Some it's feeling superior. Some it's showing that they have a family. Some it's all an image or lifestyle that they want the world to see. Some it's showing people that they are important. Some it's showing how much they do for the Lord. Some it's taking care of people. Some it's being rich. Some it's being healthy. Some it's succeeding in their work field.

Everyone it's different.

Why is it important ? I think to be intentional in life. 
Without this you'll feel lost after a while. It can lower stress. And for some can help with mental health issues. (I've heard from others)

But does this mean that is always joyful , peaceful, easy or fulfilling.
 
The answer is no.

Mostly because we don't know sometimes ourselves. And when we finally do. We as humans evolve and have to relearn ourselves again entirely. This process can be awkward and uncomfortable.

But if you keep changing how can you live an intentional life. 

Here are some tips I follow:
  1. No noise.
  2. Find out your own values in life
  3. Morning routine
  4. Intentionally add activities
  5. By making time for yourself. 
  6. Living habits that give you meaning and happiness in life 
By not being afraid to change when things are not feeling how they should.
 
No noise
The biggest thing about being intentional in life is your voice. Make choices for yourself not for others opinions in what they think is best for you. So you have to turn down the outside noise of people opinions to hear your own. When you are used to discussing your life consistently.  You may have to detach for a second to learn how to hear your voice again. 

Find out your own values in life
This can be simple. Just write down what you don't like but never speak up because you go with the flow. When you know something is wrong but you keep doing because of family and friends find this habit normal or you yourself have a negative trait that you are not proud of but keep doing. Write them down and slowly work on these changes.

Morning routine
Changes happen when you start working on your habits. This start with your morning routine. Be intentional when you wake up. I try to do this but need to be more consistent though.
- read my bible ( this is an intentional habit for maintaining my relationship with God).
- clean up ( I find that making this a habit to start with a clean house. It's health wise better because clean house means less sneezy days. It's also a mental mindset. Most of the time dirty house can feel like messy life)
- feed my animals and then myself 
- start with to do list ( this makes you certain where you are going in life with a simple habit of making a list before your day starts.  So that you know where you are going)
- work with breaks and only during certain times of the day ( it's really easy to work too much. So being consistent with making time to unwind is important health wise)
- normal personal en work activities 
- by 8 o clock eat a sometimes healthy night snack to praying for my blessing.
Your consistency helps a lot with being intentional and knowing why certain things are important for you also. 

Intentionally add activities
1) For me now it's my health.
- I'm choosing to eat healthy and get a better appetite again. It's a process but I'm getting their.
- Walking and swimming are two things that make calms my mind from outside noise and stress situations plus it makes my body feel so rejoice. 
Dancing too. I enjoy this but not the recitals anymore to be honest. My mind can't remember the dances because my busy life. And I keep it up when I know their is no back up. So that's my way of participating.  

2) Less listening to people their drama. I still give a listening ear but I use to keep that with me and now I can finally detach from the situation. This makes my advice more clear because I'm not sucking up their emotions during that situation.  

3) Being intentional in who is close to me
That's a weird activity but I've stopped making excuses for people that are bad friends for me perse. Of course for others they may be great. And I always had a problem with this because it made me feel like I was saying they are bad people which I don't agree. A person can be so many things for so many people. It just means for me they don't surve a positive purpose.  I choose who I talk to daily. I choose who I can vent to. I choose who I can work with. I choose who I can have fun with. But most important I choose people who have a positive impact in my life and don't blur the lines into thinking that they are something else just that they are not. Because when the bubble burst it's my fault. The person did not change my perception was a forced illusion.

By making time for yourself. 
Find your hobbies if you don't have them. Try so many things until you feel like this is it what gives me joy. I've seen a couple of people which that would be travelling. I have my hobbies and when things wine down which I feel they are going to now. I want to do a couple things more that I would love to do or try out more.

Living habits that give you meaning and happiness in life 
My main thing now is enjoying anything that gives me purpose and that I know I will not regret no matter the outcome. Which means keep my family strong and helping where I can. Taking care of my mother and enjoying her while she is here. That is something I will never regret. Following my dreams. The first half of this year it was my career and it's an important thing. But healing my scars is a big thing and I feel better with that part of my life. Not repeating bad habits and doing this consistently is only possible by making sure that people around me lift me up, are good for me and want the best for me.

So live an intentional life. It may be awkward at first and it is ever evolving plus changing but embrace that.

Comments

Most popular