Patience & Consistency | Day in life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

The words for this past month would have to be patience and consistency

Closer to God
As I've been consistent with my religious journey back to my faith. I've learned that my patience has improved but still a constant inner work for myself. But as humans we are so flawed. 

Ungrateful
I'm ashamed to say that I felt ungrateful. Being impatient has made me mad and disappointed in where my growth stands. I saw my self like a little spoiled brat. Pointing out how much work I've done and where that work ethic should actually have me. But more that I got the feeling of me impatiently disapproving everything that is not going as fast as I would like. It's a feeling I hated and came with shame in between.

You see in life you'll always find somebody who has worked harder. You'll always find somebody who deserve your blessing more. You'll always find somebody who got what you want without actually doing anything. Because that is life. It's called a blessing for a reason. Because it just happens. Not because you deserve it sometimes. 

Let me explain it better with a scenario on my situation. (Hypothetical)
You want to become a doctor. You've studied for your exams the whole year. You've worked work. You never stopped even during setbacks.  You've finally get through your exams and you've done your best. But you get another set back and have to do a re-exam. After that you finally get your diploma.  You apply thinking your grades are good enough but you are placed in the waiting list in case somebody withdraws from the faculty. 

How do you feel?
You've overcame every disadvantage and you are further that most people in the same boat as you. But you feel like you've achieved absolutely nothing yet. 

That sums up my situation and my feelings.

Your inability or ability to embrace the downfalls of the entrepreneurial lifestyle is what makes or breaks any business owner.

The hard fact of being an business owner.
I know that this is being an entrepreneur. This is the journey for a start up business.  It can be lonely. It can feel like you're not doing good. It can feel like you're failing consistently.  It can feel like you're an ungrateful impatient spoiled brat with the inconsistency to know what real life is. That's how I feel. But you have to get through those feelings and show yourself that you got this by keep moving forward.

Embrace each negative feeling but don't let them overwhelm you.
As I'm letting myself feel disappointment, feel anger, feel like a failure, feel shame, feel inadequate, feel stupid, feel not ready, feel scared, feel stressed, feel alone etc. Every negative emotion I can possibly think off that comes in me. 

Why??
Because you are allowed to let yourself be authentically you towards yourself daily. The worst thing you can do to yourself is be fake to yourself because it is politically incorrect. 

But??
But with that I make space for the good. So that I also count my little wins. I overly celebrate my wins with my loved ones. I'm super proud of accomplishments that I don't really share to people that much. I check off little tasks that I've done even if it is just surviving my shopping errands for the week or making sure my bills are paid. Celebrate myself being able to get by with little but proud that I still have my dignity. If you let yourself feel the disappointment. Make sure to yell out those small wins. 

God is teaching me patience 
I know why I have to go through this and I know why this is taking so long. I'm an impatient person and with this journey I need to learn to be patient. I need to be more patient in the way I respond to problems. I need to be more patient in the way I respond to toddlers if I want to work with kids and have a family one day. Making the right decision in life you have to be patient and collect all the needed information for you to make the right decisions. That last part also requires patience. This a weakness of mine that I'm training.

Now last is consistency
I kept my work ethic, content posting and marketing strategy on the same level with not a lot of positive outcome but junk mail. I'm proud about that. I keep myself from working on what my goal is no matter how I'm feeling. Because consistency makes big marks in life.

Don't give up
But I'd stayed consistent no matter what I was feeling. Happy, sad or not motivated. I kept sharing, making content and promoting to increase my following and hopefully my number of client's.

I've learned that I can act like a child and whine about it. Or I can make informative decisions that get me through another month with consistency and patience on my mind. 

Thanks for reading
Have a great month

Comments

Most popular