40 DAYS | DAY 2

 Hello RCD readers,

Today is the second day of fasting. This day God woke me up early so I can start the day with reading a piece of my bible. 

I'm writing my 40days here. Not sharing it but if you are a frequent reader of my blog you'll notice my daily post and if not God will.

Yesterday I tried my best to fast with not eating meat. But I choose to leave my mom and ate what we had. 

I failed with not talking about rumors or judging. I kept trying not to respond to the conversation is a judging way. And I failed.

What I did try to do because I failed I helped around the house more by doing task that my mother does. Which sounds weird but we share house chores. But I thought she already sees doing thaf sometimes all her energy is gone. So I decided to help in that area. 

I did get to pray at night again because I've been working on that. I pray before the night ends and mostly before I get to sleepy. So around 8 or 9 o'clock I pray daily. I've learned three important things during praying. One being thanking God. Two being repent for my sins that day. Third being asking God for what I need his help or blessings for.

Now when it comes to fasting I listen to what the priests say pray , fast and give back these days.

Pray
Reading my bible with me not being a morning person looks like reading one sentence a million times. But I got through it. I'm at Lukas 11.
Jesus thought his disciples how to pray which was " Our Heavenly Father" prayer. This is the one prayer I forgot always a piece of the prayer. " Hail Maria" I can reside really fast. I comes smoothly to me. 

Fast
Today will work with fastening with no snacking. The "no meat" is working when I know we'll eat fish. And try again with the not judging and talking about rumors today. 

Consuming negative and or temptation
This part goes a little bit easier. I actually am emotionally tired of reading and hearing constant negative talk about Suriname.  I don't consume myself consistently.  And going to keep doing that. This consumes your mental health. I keep saying it's like the devil trying to get through us by first making us think we are just patriotic. Which is not true.  Everytime I get a negative feeling of feeling tempted I pray to God for his guidance and it often help.

Giving back
I'll keep helping my mother today with the house chores. So that the house is super clean. I will keep doing my best today to show my friends and family the motivational support they need today. I can say I what I will do for strangers but these situation have to present themselves. 

So today is another day to make sure I keep myself accountable on what I promise. 

A prayer that helps me to keep negative minds away from me. I would love to share this to people that need better community and friends around them to grow.

"Dear God, If it no longer serves my life please give me the strength to remove it from my life.

Dear God, even if it seems perfect for me. Block it from my life it is holds no purpose for me.

Dear God, remove their presence from my life. If they mean no good for my life Amen."

I hope who needs to read this gets the message. Because it helps me. People who want act like they mean well can't keep their fake composure for that long and the ultimately become rude. Or they show a glimpse of their true intention really fast. Or we have absolutely nothing to talk about.  You see the word friendship is hard for some men to understand. But I don't mind myself with this. The right people will come if you keep your standards where they should be.

Have a blessed day and good luck fasting today



Comments

Most popular