40 DAYS | DAY 1

Hello RCD readers,

Today is the first of fasting. This day is starting with mix messages.  From one priest saying you can talk about what you are doing for fastening and the other says keep it quiet. 

I'm writing it here. Not sharing it but if you are a frequent reader of my blog you'll notice my daily post and if not God will.

God woke me up really early so that I did not miss the church. So 5.50AM I was in the church. I needed this to start the fasting period well. I saw a cousin/very young aunt with her son. 

The priest talked about what you can do in these 40days. Praying | Fastening | Giving.

This periode is to bring you closer to God. It took awhile what I wanted to do these 40 days. I saw so many good examples:
- buy less to junk food and give the poor or the church
- praying rose mary daily 
- eating less daily and only fish ( no meat) on friday during this time
- giving something up these 40 days for the Lord 

What I will attempt and hopefully succeed this time?
Praying
- praying twice daily for our country and thanking God (no asking only for strength)
- not miss a Sunday church and the good week church services

Fastening
- if I eat less I'm going to have to see a doctor . So not eating junk food this month and snacking daily is a perfect way for me to fast.
- no judging , talking about rumors these 40 days
- no consuming anything negative and impure  ( meaning what I watch, what I talk about and what I listen to )

Giving
- helping without being asked
- giving towards others without being asked first

Pope Francis  @Pontifex
Dear brothers and sisters, may the Holy Spirit sustain us this #Lent2023 in our ascent with Jesus. May we experience His divine splendour and thus, confirmed in faith, persevere in our journey with Him, the glory of His people and light of the nations.

I write in this blog to document if I don't forget something. And also to make my reliable of what I have promised.

Have a blessed Ash Wednesday 


Comments

Most popular