Turbulence | Day in the life RCD


Hello RCD readers,

This year I can count with one hand how many times I've prayed for the roof not to fly away. You can hear when we have strong winds the turbulence of roofing sheets moving. It's loud like hard metal hitting. And most of all it's scary to think what might actually get damaged by the wind. You get the after thought of what will come if this happens. How will this effect your ceiling? Who will actually be able to help in the rain? What will the cost be to fix it? Do you even have the money to do that? 

So what can you do? 
When you are not in control of your current situation.  Pray for the storm to pass while you wait it out. This something I've continuously read in the Bible. Pray and wait the storm out. Now this is what really happens with me during "Sibi Busi" in Suriname. 

How do I wait the metaphorical storm out?
By praying. By working on my purpose and making sure I do my part where I can. By making sure to educate the next generation. By trying my best always. By not running from my problems. And last by trying my best to stay positive.

I read a bible verse recently that really says it all. 
Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
— Matthew 8:24-27 (NIV)

This verse learned me to trust in God when I'm dealing with things that I have no control over. And to be at peace with the outcome no matter what. Knowing that I'll be okay really helps. Every "No", every "rejection", every "miscommunication", every "miscalculation", every "mistake" and the list can go on. I'll know that when I need that extra prayer to calm down is all I need as strength to go through the turbulence of each metaphorical storm. 

Our generation VS The storm
You can see us as a society going through a storm in this world. We have been through a lot in the past years. And we see these three years as bad years. But take a look back. As a generation the world has been through a lot. If I think back what my generation has seen.
1) Aids
2) 9/11 and the after math of that
3) Chikungunya and another disease which name I can't remember
4) 2 times having Bouterse as a president 
5) World wide economic crashes
6) Covid 19
7) Strategic favoring certain ethnicities 
and a lot that I can't think of at the moment.

The hits are coming of mostly past bad decisions from our leaders.
We've seen a lot and we are getting a lot of hits. Some people have given up and the older generations loves saying why haven't this generation achieved more.

Well let's talk about that. 
This generation had to unlearn and fix that what the older generations failed in. Which means we have a lot of work. We still have no voice in society to make change. You can see who the world leaders are. I'm not saying the older generation needs to move aside and let us lead entirely. I'm saying we need to work together. I see division in so many areas where we use to be one group. From religion to age to cultural to ethnicity etc.  We as society forget that we need each other. The people that make the choices for countries are the older generation. The same generation that put us as a society in this mess by leading with greed instead of compassion. 

Now if we want change. 
First we need to learn to work together. We need to start leading with compassion and thinking of the whole country instead a political group or ethnicity. So change begins with the mindset of us. Not you and me BUT US. 

What are our choices?
1) We can wait this storm out. We can fight and work for our main goals as a society. And most important work as a group. All the negative talks and mindset will bring us no where. We need to believe in a better future while working on change. It's hard but it's a must. If we keep on using this hatred feeling and negative mindset. Nothing will change, but only worsen. 
2) Or we can run away from our problems. Think that it will get fixed if we leave and come back. When we come back. The damage will be done and we'll have nothing to fix.  We will be the problem and be generation that will be talked about as " the older generation that put the new generation into this mess ".

History is repeating itself. 
People are leaving. We've noticed some of our great aunt's and uncles left. It didn't get better and it didn't help. Some could've helped build back then. They didn't do that and the viscous cycle is repeating itself again. And this is in a lot of countries. I've seen a lot of countries looking for immigrants to built their country up. In the Caribbean's, Canada even some European countries. Which sounds weird. We as a society see ourself as an island but we are not alone. Many are going through this storm with us. Different countries are in the same economic state as us. So when you leave remember how you can make the country you left better. 

Leave or not. It's all up to you. But if we make sure for us to do our part for the next generation. We'll may not get to see change but we'll be a part of the domino effect for the next generation. So that the next generation may have a better future than us.

Leave a better world for the next generation. Let's do our part by filling our purpose in this world where ever they may be.

Comments

Most popular