Never forgotten | Day in the life RCD




Hello RCD readers,

Yesterday would've been my grandmother's birthday if she was still alive. She was one of the women that shaped me into the person that I am today. She is mostly not on my mind on her birthday but today she is because a friend lost his mother and it brought me back.

I have no idea what I can say to comfort him and I have nothing to compare it too. Because as much as losing our grandmother changed the whole family dynamic.I could never compare my lost to him losing his beloved mother. All I can do is show compassion and empathy. Be a listening ear when he needs it. If you have any idea's what helps during lost let me know.

Why I would give bad advice?
I didn't deal with it good at all. So I can't really give him advice that helped at the time. I focused on my schooling extra hard. I kept busy. I didn't show my feelings at all and kept a lot bottled up. That made me really hard and cold. Which is funny because I was still kind and helpful on the outside. But inside I didn't let anyone in nor close enough. I didn't open up with my problems and kept them for myself. And that being said I still have a hard time giving a hug to friends and opening to people. But I used to be the hugger in the family. I also never trusted anybody fully. You really have to show me that I could trust you or else you would not make it in my circle. I still can only up to the people that I've shown my heart. The rest sorry..

What I've learned over the years about dealing with hurt and grief or lost?
1) don't shy away from your feelings they will catch up if you do that
2) open up to people
3) be kind to yourself
4) be patient this will take time
5) be consistent with moving forward
6) selfcare and selflove are a must
7) be forgiving to the past
8) let go means embracing what was and moving forward

What I said could help?
The concept that lost ones are watching over us and we'll see them again in the end of our lives is comforting for me. I wish that I could stay in that mindset but sometimes you'll have a stroke of sadness and I'm learning to be okay with this. Closing yourself off from living and being your truthful self that you intended to be. 

This is the same feeling of accepting what is and moving on. I've had to let go and move on multiple times. The idea that what you're feeling is great but what is for you will be yours. That is a hard concept I've learned over the years. You have to choose people who choose you daily. Who give the same consistency in life. People who aren't just their to take from you. People who you wish the world for will always stay with you no matter what.

Letting go of people you love even if it hurts
Sometimes God shows you people in life who'll always have a piece of you. Timing is everything and sometimes the universe likes messing with your timing in life. So focus on something else. Stay connected with yourself. 

As you've notice I haven't posted project's in months because I've been focusing on growth instead. If you want a journey recap comment below. But here is a recap of a project that is in building phase during the building department changing a lot that influences me directly.

Recap of last freelance project as a freelancer
I have one project in which I need to finish. The building permit phase is taking really long and this is frustrating.  The client is very understanding and she is waiting very patiently. 

This was tiny house concept which the client had her own design. 

Why should you do the full design process instead of coming with a layout you saw online?
1) you'll get a personal design that is perfect for you. Because your wishes are interpreted in the design 
2) the changing of the design is included because you have not given a definitive in your design
3) interior design is included. That means you'll get an idea what the spacing and interior concepts could be.
4) you'll get a rapport for each phase of the design and building preparation phase.
5) you'll end up with a functional design in your taste 

Next step
I'll give you the full heads up of the changes I'm making in my blog etc. Just stay tuned

Have a great day




Comments

Most popular