Love language |Day in the life RCD

 


Hello RCD readers,

Months ago somebody asked "what is your love language?". I asked "do you mean to receive or to give?". The person was shocked and said "of course to receive". This was the hardest question to answer and actually never gave the person an answer but I ask multiple friends and family members that question.

What types of love languages are there?
I have heard that there are five love languages:
  • Words of Affirmation, 
  • Acts of Service, 
  • Receiving Gifts, 
  • Quality Time, and 
  • Physical Touch. 
Each one is important and expresses love in its own way. Learning your partner's and your own primary love language will help create a stronger bond in your relationship.

If you know the person well enough you'll see what makes them really happy. But I've noticed over the years that each person I met needs mixing pot of these love languages types. 

For example kids with low self esteem:
In my ballet classes I do think about this when I have these ballerina's for an hour each week. They all need three things
  • Words of Affirmation, 
  • Receiving Gifts, 
  • Quality Time, 
Now you may think how do you actually give that. 
  • First off I always make a big deal with each of their birthday's by letting them open up and express how it was and what they did. You can see their eyes light up that you've remembered. I actually make sure they all get an one on one experience. 
  • Second off I never say they can't do it. I always find the positive in their mistakes. If they made a little improvement. I make sure to make it a big deal.
  • Third off is receiving gifts. This is done really different. I make sure to listen what they like or what they talk about. And always use that as inspiration for the next class. For them to know that they are important is needed for them to feel loved.

Why is it so hard for me to answer the question?
I've never saw love as something to think about how or what I need to receive in order to feel loved. It may have been the person's generation concept of love. But the concept of thinking about what will I receive was something I could never grasp. My idea of love is always been giving. "What am I doing to show the person that I love them?". Love is about giving and less about receiving. Now I've learned being a person who thinks a lot of others. Switching the mindset is also important. By thinking about are you getting mutual effort from the other person that is important. 

How do I give my love? 
People see this entirely as boy-girlfriend relationship but love is universal. So my way of giving love is a combination of what the person needs at the moment. When the person is down and a word of encouragement or appreciation may be needed. Making a big deal of somebody's birthday always is an amazing way of showing you love them. Helping when they need a friend in dark times. Just spending time with the person. 

As you might guessed my way showing that I love would be:
  • Cooking for you; being a foody. I love showing how much you mean to me by cooking for you
  • Being a listening ear when you need; I don't need to see people every single day to show that I love them. In the though times I'm the one who will call daily, check up and I'll always keep your secrets. 
  • Doing activities I hate to keep you company; this is something most of my friends never do but I would if they needed or asked. 
  • Being your biggest supporter; mad or not I will support your new business, your new dream or anything that's important to you at the moment.
  • Pray for you; I'm going to pray for you no matter what. If I'm mad or disappointed I will still wish you succeed in life.
  • Stand up for you; I'm never a big social person. But I do stand up for people that I love if you harm the ones I love or hurt them.
Now I have to say when it comes to love relationships I would say try it all and see what your partner values the most. For myself. You'll just have to figure it out yourself how I feel loved..hahahaha

Now remember
Love is patient. 
Love is kind. 
Love is deliberate. 
Love is hard. 
Love is a sacrifice. 
Love is a choice.
But first love yourself ❤

And most important be yourself always and the right person will find you. You might not be everyone's taste but you'll meet the person who loves the real you not the façade you put up to be nice. And to create unconditional love you'll have to accept that the person you love will fail you in some point in life but to love means to accept them despite their mistakes. But deal breakers are another story just walk away

Have an amazing day

Comments

Most popular