October rush | Day in the life RCD

 

Hello RCD readers,

Every year the last three months feel like the last exams of the year and you three months to pass the class.

This year was not amazing as my ballet teacher would say. But I've learned a lot this year. 

Closing chapters 
People in your life put a mark on you. Some by blessing you and some by hurting you. But with enough love for them this can stay for years. So this year I'm letting go. Learning what they mean for my current lifestyle and letting go with no second guesses. Friendships are beautiful but if they don't serve me I need to cut the cord for good this time. This means a journey with myself on figuring out what thinga mean in my current life. 

October rush
This month begins with me doing something important for RCD. I'll tell a little more when I've made this a reality.  But for now I'll love to let you enjoy about my work journey or lack off. This month is all about content creating, preparing RCD, getting one building permit and delivering for a new building permit.  

First small house design with new building department rules
The project was an easy small house design that the couple had in mind. I was first hesitant taking new project's until I was finished with getting all my ducks in a row. And focussing on finishing current ongoing building permit project's. But the time I took the project I was going to have no problems asking for a building permit. And ofcourse life happens. So much has changed. So much is still unanswered.  The building department didn't take my project at  all. The client needed to legalise the papers and I needed to have an architect's license. The getting an architects license was pushed to next week. So the waiting continues. Which means the possibility is still open.

Technical difficulties 
Two months ago my laptop started acting like an ass and becoming blue on me. So I worked on my mother's computer to finish my work.
That sweet slow turtle computer did the best it could before my harddrive stopped being read by my computer.  

So ofcourse what do I do? 
Ask all the tech guy's I know. The unanimous  advice was update to windows 10. Not a fan but I had to work. Meanwhile I bother my sweet brother to come an take files from my external harddrive so that I could work. I kept that for about three weeks. 

Stranger that helped
Let's call him computer guy. He upgraded my computer , put Windows 10 and placed three needed computer software's that I needed to work back on this computer. I was really greatful and everything was working fine. 

Until last month !! 
My computer didn't want to open AutoCAD.  Right at the time when I had to finish corrections for a building permit. That Sunday was hell. Ofcourse I pissed off computer guy and my peaceful ass was tired of saying sorry and trying to make it right. So another solution here I come. A sweet friend helped me by putting AutoCAD on his laptop so that I could work that night. My sweet brother helped me put AutoCAD again on the computer next morning. And ofcourse everybody repeated " You paid , so the person he did it. He has to fix it". My stubborn ass was" hell no just fix it".

Life goes on and you think everything is fine.
Last Sunday this mofo stopped opening AutoCAD again. Which meant I had to bother that sweet guy so that I could use his laptop. So I worked sunday at night and the whole day Monday to do the additions for my client. I kept my fee still low because I will change it for upcoming project's.  

Hopefully last solution 
Yesterday I went to a computer store with my computer to update and put AutoCAD.  Everyone pray for me. Hahaha this is like longest ass joke technology had on my ass.

So when I say technology is a funny thing. This asshole is a clown most of the time. And it's the only one laughing in every situations. 

Content 
Today I'm going to work on putting two important softwares on my computer so that I can work. I'm thinking about making an YouTube clip about a project from 2018 or 2019 that finally finished in 2021 due to Covid. I'm not sure what kind of content this will become but drop hits what you want to see..
1) the whole project process with ups and downs
2) the end result of the house drawings
Comment below!! One or Two.

Changes in my life
I've learned that I'm really private with my life. And funny my besties must be seriously thinking this annoying drama queen.. hahah.. Because I bother their asses consistently with questions and with venting. They are my rock. But not knowing what the future holds is kinda fun and exciting.  I'm enjoying that part of my personal life. Embrace the change. And do whatever feels fun for yourself.

After a hectic October rush.  I'm manifesting some peace and happiness these months. 



Comments

Most popular