Dimming your own light | Day in the life RCD

 


Hello RCD readers,

Today I would love to discuss about dimming your light. It all started last month when I was busy making RCD an official architectural design studio.

Asking for help
Starting a limited company was something I had no information of. So I started asking around new & old friends, colleagues in the same workfield and my brother.
 I have to options to make the statutes and objectives  ; 
1) use KKF  
2) use notary 

I had three people explaining me to go with a notary for my statutes and objectives. They all noted their dislike of using government for these important things, they noted the price also like it was two cents and last they all urged me to take this route instead.  My response was listen and not give my opinion.

Two people that told me to use KKF where my brother and an female colleague who had used them prior before me. My brother noted the price is high in notary and it is still guaranteed that your statutes and objectives will be made correctly.  The female colleague said she used them and everything went smoothly. She also gave me tips how I can make the objectives myself. 

The insecurity kicks in
I know for a fact I will never do anything outside my budget or waste my money. This for the purpose of going with the flow. So that is never the problem with me. But they never did it but I did it myself to put myself down that I couldn't go to a notary. I don't know any. I don't think it would be smart to use my money for that now. The fact that I would feel out of place really bothered me.

Dimming my own light
This is a perfect scenario which I stole my own joy. 

Back Story
I started this in 2016 as a personal blog and freelance architectural designer. The sole purpose of this was to become an architectural design studio. I got my first building permit project 2018. That is two years after I started this blog.  End of 2019 I started actually getting own work that 2020 was going to be a big year for me. And almost two year stagnant because of the economical crisis and Covid. Finally this year is my year and the government want mess up my provided services. Which meant I had to readjust my services and everything. I also wanted a website since 2020 and that never came to be so I this year I had to improvise how to still do the work I actually want.

Stealing my own joy
So with the backstory in mind how dare I even not celebrate this milestone properly.  RCD is finally a design studio if it will be as an architect or as an architectural designer / junior architect  is all up to God. But I hit a milestone. I need to turn of my own noise because not one person told me I was beneath them or not in their level. It is all in my head. I'm taking back my joy and keep on moving forward. 

Don't let the negative noise, which I think is just the devil seeing you're on the right path , bring you down or make you quite and be stagnant in life.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Keep celebrating your successes.

Comments

Most popular