Contentment | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Today is the first day of November and with no fear in my heart because I give the unknown to God. I love that my faith has slowly returned. 

Struggling with your faith is hard when you know that you haven't stopped believing in God. But somehow the Devil saw a weak point to spill his seeds of doubt and fear in you. And when that's in your mind than it takes awhile to release that doubt. 

Faith
Faith is a strong belief in something or someone. For me it's my faith in God. It's letting go and truly trusting that God will take over. He will protect you, He will keep you strong and He will always be there.

Why is faith important?
  • Knowing you'll be okay brings you confidence.
  • It influence how you think and behave
  • It gives you hope for a better day when you don't see one
What happens when you loose your faith?
  • directionless
  • doubtful about whether you’ve made the right choices in the past
  • silly for believing in something that you now don’t believe in
How can you loose your faith?
  • traumatic experiences that make you doubt whether your god is truly benevolent
  • mental health concerns, such as depression or anxiety
  • experiencing bereavement and wondering whether life is worthwhile
  • feeling lonely and disconnected from others
  • life changes that make you reassess your beliefs
  • experiencing significant personal growth
  • you encounter people of your religion that don’t practice what they preach, so to speak
  • you witness or experience abuse or discrimination from religious leaders
  • you re-evaluate your values and find that it doesn’t match your religion
  • certain religious teachings ring untrue for you
How to get your faith back?
  • Journaling: Journaling can help you process your thoughts and reconnect with your values. This significantly reduced mental distress in anxious adults
  • Prayer: If it’s a part of your practice, prayer can bring you clarity and strengthen your conviction.
  • Meditation: Meditation can help you connect with a higher power or yourself. 
  • Community: Connecting with others who share your faith can re-ignite your faith and help you feel less alone. Social support when going through stressful events can help improve health and quality of life.
Personal gaining my faith back
My personal journey with getting my faith back was by first working on separating the bad things from God's love. Because that is one thing we struggle with "why do bad things happen to good people". This took years for me to get that mindset and it needs constant work.

Second I knew that I need to get back to the source. My relationship with God. I started with reading the bible. It's a hard habit to learn. So I worked on going back to church. But I silence the noise around me. The community telling you what to do , how to act or what it's right. My focus when something in church happens is God. I'm there for an important reason and focusing on that. Every negative act or egotistical act or judgement act I block my vision off. I prayed to God for waking my up early every Sunday after each late Saturday. He wakes me up and I make sure that I don't miss a Sunday.

Third I knew that I had to choose what I stayed healthy mentally, spiritually and physically. 
  • Mentally; Making sure I make a conscious choice what and who I associate with. That means watching and listening to online content which gives you joy, peace, laughter or motivation. If people drain my happiness or put me down than I'm not going to bother with being open anymore. Important tip; Music is healing. 
  • Spiritually; Going to church and praying again always makes my week begin on a high no matter what. I thank God and rejuvenate myself for the week to come.
  • Physically;  friends made me find new hobbies and slowly making time for that when I can. Once I've finished my important work task and hit that deadline goal I'm going to focus on this more again.

Finding contentment
A state of happiness and satisfaction. This bring so much bliss, purpose and intention in life itself. I achieved this back by finding my faith again. But making sure this feeling stays I have to keep an constant effort.

Contentment comes when we are most aware of the present moment, and through the power of contentment, happiness becomes a more viable choice.
Happiness can be sustained by making a series of those conscious choices

Here are a some tips for cultivating contentment in your life:
  1. Pause. When you find yourself unhappy with someone or something, pause. Take a deep breath and remind yourself to accept that person as they are and to embrace their good qualities or to look on the bright side of any situation.
  2. Stop buying stuff you don’t need. 
  3. Show people you appreciate them. Be present. Offer kind words and actions to help build up your emotional bank account. The more you put out in the world for others, the more you will receive in return.
  4. Practice gratitude. Write down 5 things what you’re grateful off.
  5. Learn to enjoy simple things that don’t cost money. Meaningful conversations. Walking in nature. Reading a good book. A trip to the beach. These things are all free and can often offer more joy than more expensive endeavors.
  6. Live in the moment. Don’t postpone happiness by waiting for a day when your life is less busy or less stressful. That day may never come. Instead, look for opportunities to savor the small pleasures of daily life. Focus on the positives of today rather than dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.
  7. *Don't hold on to negative experiences or people that are letting go. It will be hard be let go and move on. They have done their job. You've learned the lesson. Good or bad or motivational or life changing. Learn the lesson and move on. Never stay stagnant. 

Have an amazing day everyone.
Let me know if it helped!!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you have picked up the habit of reading your bible and praying to God. We should stay gratefull for he has given us all the joys in live even the moments we had/have/will have with loved ones. Keep moving foreward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started months ago with reading the bible and praying. Just now it brings me peace.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most popular