Unknown | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

After a really long hiatus I finally have time to write. A lot of changes and lot has happened.  Personally and professionally.

2022 is really making a big wave. 

Architect disagreement 
Since April the building department has made changes last minute without head's up.  They have given an 2 and 3 day's notices on rules and regulations that are going at people's bread. If asked I keep my voice quite because I'm not entirely in agreement with either standpoints. But that's on a personal level. 

Good changes
- multi- family houses need to be designed by expertise that have masters in building city's. Which I agree. People need to think about the whole infrastructure first before making multiple houses to sell.
- builders need more qualifications to get a building permit. I have problems which my drawings were not used correctly because the builder is not qualified. 
- better registration list for architectural. It's important to know who does what.
- field research is a must from the government. I find it helpful when building inspection checks the renovating house if the drawings and house are the same. 

Bad changes
- the statement that architect's in Suriname are the only ones possible to design houses etc is entirely incorrect. I know for a fact that a lot of so called architects are not actually suppose to use that title. For me after years it has no value. I know what I'm capable off.
- minimize architectural designer their services with new rules and regulations is also bias. Suriname has almost a handfull architect's and the fee for normal house is to expensive for middle class. Not everyone is going to pay for an architect including myself. If I can design my own house why would I.
- insulting architectural designers. By making changes and later inviting to tell them what they can do which is almost nothing is insulting. Architectural designer's are being treated as idiots and without respect by making new rules and never communicating it to the designers first. And thinking that it's smart to offer jobs in the government. It feels like they are messing with people's income and later act like they care by offering them open positions.

I'm busy with getting my papers in order because I can finally make RCD a reality. What that will ential is still a question mark but I'll do the work and leave the rest up to God.

08-07-2013

Letting go of what was. Changes are a part of life. They are hard. They are unsettling.  People leave a mark and it's annoyingly lonely but empowering to remove that heavy load that you're unnecessary carrying. Opening up to new friends is harder when you get older. I didn't know I was that weird and that content with my friends. That opening up to new people or showing your friends a version of yourself they haven't met is quiet confusing. But so much love is in the air. The successes.  The support. The kind words. The sweet embraces.  The supportive harsh but necessary talks. These are all coming in a short periode of time.  But I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Starting with just 1 important goal for now "ME".

Vacation

The last two years of disagreements of how to handle little kids progresses frustrated us all. And finally going through one hurdle. We as a family are seeing the road again. It feels amazing.  It's a really small win. But all the fighting was worth it knowing it will be okey if we as a family stick with the road we're on. So this vacation month I've decided with my sister to create activities for the little ones. If anybody wants to bring me on vacation. Just pick me up. If you'll ask I'll say no. 

Ending projects

This year I started with freelance project's which one is finally coming to an end. And I have a client of my own which hopefully goes well. So things feel like they are going up and I know my goal for years will finally be fulfilled. 

God gives you what you need when you need it. A kind word. A listening ear. A laugh when your sad. Uplifting words of encouragement. The peace to stay calm and content to receive your blessings.

Once I find me again I can be the friend I used to be

Have a blessed Sunday 

Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular