Stillness | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Last week was a lesson for me to stand still. 

To stop overthinking of would've could've should've is annoying for an overthinker. And last week I had to figure out how to deal with the quietness of it all. The not stressing. The not over asking. The not over sharing.  The not embarrassing myself of it all.

Why should you learn to be still sometimes?
Standing still is needed when your work life says you need to slow down. During the waiting game before the approval. The waiting game before the response of a question. The letting go of what you have no control over and relaxing until the storm hits.

In every architectural design process;
  1. Meeting the client
  2. Seeing the site / first consult 
  3. Guessing the offer for the work
  4. Discussing the work process and time limit with the client 
  5. Approval or the offer 
  6. Measuring the building during renovation 
  7. Sketching the first drafts 
  8. Contacting client for approval of first draft
  9. Correcting the comments 
  10. Step 7-9 repeats until everyone approves
  11. Getting the needed document from the client 
  12. Drafting proces 
  13. Printing binding the drawings
  14. Deliver or mail
  15. Repeat step 8 -10
  16. Repeat step 14 if client pays everything
What can you do during this stillness?
I have tried reading this time after almost more tham three years. I've tried watching my favourite movies and series. I've tried listening to my new kinda sad girl music list. Check on my YouTube channel..The songs are epic. I've tried writing in my diary instead making a to do list and planning. I've stopped working on my website because I've lost my vision for that.I have absolutely no idea what it was and what it now will be. And I'm learning to let my brain relax and hear it's own thoughts. Giving these thoughs room to process. I've prayed less but go to church more. 
How can embracing this stage be beneficial for your health and success self? Not call or mail or app consistently for a response. Your brain , body and mental health needs to reboot. We need to restart for us creative, productive and our best versions. 

Why is it so hard?
For me it's hard because I've always been a go-getter. I've always been the girl who would clean her entire room, read a bunch of books and plan my next step in any vacation time. So to turn that off and not think about the future. Not think about how to fix work situation.  Not overdo my response to get people to do their part. That has been hard. But it's a lesson that I'm learning. Work smarter and not harder. When your mind is free to think. Everything becomes clear. And you'll start making smarter moves for yourself. You'll also start to embrace God lesson and guidance more because you have no outside influence messing with your judgement. 

Embrace the stillness of the journey. Use it wisely. Learn from it. Make sure it reboots you for the storm. That work hectic time.


Comments

Most popular