Hypocrisy | Day in the life RCD

 


Hello RCD readers,

Today is my anniversary for defending my thesis in 2014. Ofcourse this day will be remembered always.

4 juli 2014
I remember being nervous like crazy. I remember my partner driving me their and helping me set up my laptop. I remember none of my friends actually came. Due to work and some had better things to do than support me. I remember not inviting a lot of people meaning no family other members because I was too nervous. I remember one of the graduation supervisor got drunk the night before because he didn't want to come. And made an excuse that he was sick. Which I found funny that he still has a job just because he is a light skin man. But he is a well-known drunk. But my other female supervisor was bullied so bad for having an opinion that she didn't stay long at the university. I remember my sibling being proud of me. I remember my dad not knowing what I was studying for the .. amount of years. I remember my best friends at the time sending me flowers. I was so tired of the year that I really couldn't enjoy that moment. I remember eating with my family and their partner's at the time. This was such an amazing milestone in my life. I really enjoyed it by not looking for a job directly. And actually taking a 6 month's break from everything to get my mental health back in check. 

Project updates
Last week I got two project's. One I was scared to talk about it to jinx it but the freelance employer agreed to the price so it's a go. This is a house that is already being built.  The contractor made huge mistakes. Now the question is did the person who owns the house use the designer's 3D concept and built or did the contractor not built with the designers technical drawings as a standard.  The owner admits that he does have a building permit so I don't have to worry about the first accusation. I just have to make technical drawings of what the contractor builds now. So this week's tasks are:
- measure the current house
- find a partner to measure the house
- help mom because she has doctors appointments
- make sure I can go to both dance classes this week
- sketch the site for client
- come up with a offer to potential new client
- digitally make the layout for the construction engineer and mail it to him
- pay the construction engineer.
- call for building permit
- bring the drawings for another building permit project
- sketch the layout of kids rooms to come up with interior concept of the bunk beds
- write in my diary to get these thoughts out of my mind

I Luv Su
Saturday a colleague said to me somebody's partner wants to leave Suriname. This made me think. This is a discussion I've had with everyone over the years. People looking down at where they come from. People agreeing and going a long with the Su bashing of it all. This always use to irritate me and makes me really angry. I'm not blind but I'm not with the negative Suriname bashing. 

The culture of going to the golden land
First time I met somebody who choose the Netherlands over Suriname was when I was young girl. I met a woman who was the first to talk about how much she loves Suriname but she couldn't even vote because she gave that up to get the Netherlands nationality. Because she never thought Suriname would amount to anything.  Which I always found hypocritical. You stay because you're amazing Netherlands doesn't want you there. And you push your kids to go their to built that country up while on the dime of Suriname companies. BUT YOU LOVE SURINAME. 

Hypocrisy of I Luv Su
You live in the Netherlands but you want everything that is done in Suriname to be done their too. BECAUSE YOU LOVE SURINAME. Which I found really funny.  You can choose where you want to live to get a better life. You are allowed to do this judgement free. BUT..
Stop being hypocritical about it. Embrace where you are and what you've chosen. Stop being something you're not. Stop using a false narrative. And most of all stop bashing Suriname.  

Not a fan & don't get the hype of it all
I'm not a Netherlands fan but I will not daily go and promote consistently how much I dislike the culture, blatant racisme and hypocrisy of it all. I have accepted it and you will not see me going there anytime soon. 

Wrap it up
The choice is yours where you want to go. But stop bashing where you come from. The same people you are bashing this country with will never see you as their equal. Get that through your thick delusional skulls.

Have a informative 

Comments

  1. I was scared writing this and actually I think that I had a hate comment but a group removed it. But we have to learn to love where we come from. It's a part of us. Dissing it means actually insulting yourself too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most popular