Site visit CW | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Yesterday I had a site visit.  The freelance employer was from a colleague.  He was suppose to give me information about the project last week. But I finally got Tuesday some info. Actually the day of the site visit appointment.  

Morning call
I woke up thinking what will I do today. And he finally sent something. Now what was going through my mind. He didn't really give a lot of info of the house. He did give the location and some 3D pictures. Which I actually need more because it's suppose to be a house with a building permit that changed. So I have to design again their new house concept for the new contractor.

Safety for women engineers 
I kept thinking will their be people. And most of all will it be save. I talked about this with ladies in the design and building branche months ago. And all talked about how they expierence this part of their work. How they stay save. I never had to think about that because I had help. But funny that women have to think about this. Men do not have to think will this be a save environment for them. 
- before getting out of your car park where people can see you if something happened 
- keep your keys not in your bag but close enough to drive directly off if needed.
- always look around your surroundings before getting out
- close windows and lock doors at each traffic lights
- always find a helper. 
- check who your meeting before meeting them and if you feel unsafe. Just cancel the appointment.  You have to follow your gut.
- always have a plan how to execute this site visit efficiently and fast.
- make lot's of pictures 
- make sure people know where you are.

Site visit
When discussed I was just going to check the location out and come up with an offer. The grass unsafely high. First I thought I wasn't going to say something because women tend to get a bad rep if you ask from the get go about the environmental conditions. But later I thought if it's not meant to be than it's not meant to be. Don't stay quite because you feel like you'll be a complainer. You have the right to say that and they have the right to say I will go with somebody else. So eather way just be yourself and stand up for yourself. What is yours will be yours. 

I was able to check the front facade and one side facade. The rest of the home. I didn't need to figure out if they had snakes in the grass. 



The offer
It took a while to come up with a price. Because the house area is huge but the drawings I will be making are workdrawings. So I had to check which price was not over the top like a new drawing and which price was fair for my work. The freelance employer also asked for construction drawings so I called the construction engineer for his price. And hopefully he'll respond today.

Friends falling for each other
These weeks are love and hate. Friends I've known for years have gotten divorces.  One has gotten married. A lot of broken hearts running around here. Less new relationships starting. People holding tighter to relationship they themselves find dysfunctional just to say the don't belong to the ones breaking up. I have a lot of friends falling into their crushes. It's cute to see.

Facebook memories
I thought removing pictures was the next step. But I remember you shouldn't hide or be ashamed how things turned out. It was a part of you. Embrace it, feel the memory that the post brings and let that shit go. 
Example;
Pictures of friendships that are not the same anymore.  Feel how you felt during that event.  The good times with the bad feeling. And just leave it there. No removing.  No sharing. No start calling up a friend. Just move on.

How is she doing?
Seeing my mother in pain less than last month. When I was sleep deprived. Waking up every movement because she was in pain and needed help to walk. Today she has real pain when she is overtired.  Nobody actually can and will help so we have to take care of each other.  People are the first to say they will always be their but when it's needed they are more busy with next buck than their family.

Potential work
Today I have an appointment with a friend. If she bails I'm done. She only calls when she needs something and always secretive. But I'm being hopeful.

Have a great humpday.



Comments

Most popular