Redesign Process kids room | Project Update


 Hello RCD readers,

Today I will discuss the second visit and how the redesign process went.

The fist concept was removing the beds and working with what we had. I hadn't measured anything yet but I had an idea of what it would become.

But life happens. Somebody purposely left toys under the bed. I think just to F*** the process. A second smarty pants brought a box of clothes and toys (broken and second hands) when they were told not to. 

First concept sketch:
 
My big sister loved the design.

The biggest point was to have sections in the room that were a must:
  • Toys section
  • Clothing section
  • Make up section
  • Reading nook
  • Studying section
So Wednesday, April 6, I decided to bring the kids clothes back to the house and measure the room and furniture. The room was very small and a lot of furniture was not going to be removed. 


So after knowing all the dimensions I started with 3D design at my partner's house. He helped me filming my work during designing this room in sketch up.

By Thursday I finished the furniture choices. First drew each furniture as a square and checked where I could place it. This is a perfect way of desiging the interior of your rooms. Making squares first helps you visualize the space that each furniture will use.

I had to draw the commode, kids study table and wallshelves myself. 

So what is planned?
Buying;
- pink big rug
- pink paint to paint the dressing table and the room
- white board 
- kids study table with chair

Re-using for different purposes;
- remove hair products from the commode and place into the dressing table
- place bought shelves and place above the bed and the study table
- re-use commode but as a storage for kids schoolbag and schoolsupplies on top and under kids books

Removed;
- bed for 2 people
- baby bed
- wardrobe cabinets
- suitcases 3 huge 
- boxes of my sis work stuff.

Sneak peak!!

Location of the wardrobes of the parents will be removed

This side of thw room will get the small kids chair and table. In the future grown up desk with whiteboard.


The end results will be revealed on the fourth Wednesday of April so stay tuned.


Comments

Most popular