The love for mine profession | Day in the life RCD

 Love what you do and it will never feel like work

Hello RCD readers,

The biggest advice I can give anyone is to love what you do and make sure it fulfills you whatever that may be. Don't choose any profession just for money especially if it is something you'll do for life.

Now which profession do I love?
I love being a freelance architectural designer. I loved being a classic ballet teacher for young kids. I love being a You Tuber with the purpose of making educational video's. I love being a blogger sharing my day in the life and project & work updates.

Where did my love for this work began?



Architecture | First look at Carpentry
The first time I was introduced with architecture was at home carpenters work from my father. The simple process of sketching out a kids to adult table with build on bookcase was amazing to watch. As the youngest daughter being the only child curious enough to help my father out during this process made me fall in love with designing anything that people can use. 

The drawing part came later. Seeing my older siblings being better with drafting than me. I wished really hard as a nine year old to be just as good as them. And at age eleven I finally inherited the family drawing trait. 

I've noticed during the years of throwback movies that a lot of 80's and 90's movies kinda learned the profession architect to me and that's how I could put a name on what I wanted to do.



Classic Ballet | Sister Love
The way I was shaped to love a profession by chance just because I was amazed by my ballerina that wowed me. My big sister dancing on point shoes. Me and brother in aw of how flexible and great on point that she was. That's what made me fall in love with dancing classical ballet. And my ballet teacher seeing in me my talent that made me want it more. This profession did have an end of the road. I was not going to be able to study abroad and with my scoliosis being a professional dancer or even teacher was seriously going to hurt me physically.  So being an amateur dancer and teacher is what I was lucky enough to do in Suriname with helped of my classic ballet teacher.

Why did I choose it?


Architecture | Architecture is dead???
I was made to do this. It's a profession that fits like a glove. In Suriname infrastructure had five majors; Architecture , civil, land and water management, geodesy and surveying. I b#$@ about each profession why I hate those majors easily. But the most important thing was the ability to be creative and design what made me choose this profession instead the other choices.


Classic Ballet | The love of teaching
Teaching is actually my real love of being a classic ballet teacher. I provide a safe space to call home within that hour of teaching.  I provide a memorable experience that is shaping their childhood in which those childhood memories shaped me to the women I am today. But most important kids bring happiness.  I enjoy the mood change in my bad days. They always cheer me up. But I chose it because my ballet teacher needed an assistant and I just stayed after that.

Why did I stick with it?


Architecture | Serendipity
God guides me. Every down in my profession had a purpose and set a route I was meant to take. I choose freelance because of the economy and nobody was hiring full time. I became independent because nobody could take me on full time. The years of small to sometimes no project gave me time to make a brand before I could make a business.


Does it fulfills me?




Architecture | Creating magic
I love helping people create their dream in anyway possible.  I've worked pro bono a couple of times just for the fact to help somebody design their home or start up company because that brings me joy. The knowledge that I've created something and it came to life is amazing.

Classic Ballet | Saying goodbye for now
During this pandemic I've stopped giving classical ballet simple. My ballet teacher has less students and will not make any profit if any of us are still teacher assistants. I'm not able to do it still after years of this pandemic. If I ever get the opportunity again to give classical ballet. Yes it would still fulfill me. That's my happy place still.

What about my work field do I love?



Architecture | Task of an freelance architectural designer
I'm an freelance architectural designer which entails the following:
- I work for different companies on project base.
- I sometimes get project's in which I'm just a drafter. That means the design (layout and facades) are already made by the stage that I come in. 
- I make the technical drawings and provide the building permit when needed.
- I also make project plans in which I have to provide work description of the building phase
- Sometimes if needed my employers also ask for the budget meaning the material cost of building project.

Now what do I love of architecture 
I love the designing process. I love the managing my time to make a project a success. I love the learning new software when necessary.  I love learning new things from colleagues and freelance employers. I love being helpful even after the project is finished to ensure that the client's dream actually can come through. I love seeing the end result of what we've designed ( the client and I )


Classical ballet
Creating a dance class that the kids talk about the next week still.  




See you next time with a new blog post!! Comment below your traditions.


Comments

Most popular