Wednesday, December 1, 2021


Hello RCD readers,
 
New freelance employer
Today is a normal work day for me. I'm busy with studio complex for a freelance employer. This employer has three ongoing projects at once. Two I've just mailed the preliminary design drawing for them.
  • Project JL; a small house design
  • Project BW; an office design with outside storage and terrace roofing
  • *Project FOB; an studio complex

Each project is a collaboration in the design stage. Because the freelance employer puts his input with the design process. Normally I do the field work with my partner. But this time I collaborated with a lovely lady from the business self.  So this was something new that I had to get used to.

It was an fun experience to work with her. And hope for future projects.

Project LB  
This is also a freelance project. Last week I met the client for the first time. This project came from a freelance employer I got from a friend who left to another country. I have two ongoing projects from them. I just mailed the preliminary design for the third time to them and the civil engineer. This project is really a work in progress. And I hope everything goes as planned.
  • Project LB; a restaurant/ studio design
  • Project Sno; a small house design

Each project is not a collaboration and more I'm a drafter and have no input in the esthetic of the design. Which is something that I have to get used too because it's part of being a freelancer.

Task for today:

  • facades of project FOB
  • beam plan of project FOB
  • cross section of project FOB
  • read the material state of project Sno
Ballet recital 
On December 11, 2021 I'm going to be dancing with my fellow dancers. Usually I'm excited but too tired to enjoy it. But I've noticed everyone is. Everyone in my ballet class has so much going on in their life. And all we can do is hope the shit doesn't hit the fan. I have one week actually to practice and make sure I'm ready for this recital. Let's hope for the best and I don't make a fool out of myself.
 
Second Year of Covid pandemic
This pandemic changed a lot and has a domino effect on other aspects in life not only medical. The curfew effects night school which effects me driving like an idiot to be on time everywhere. The economic state was bad because of the last government but the pandemic made it worst. Taking care of each other financially is on another level. Everyone is trying to keep their heads up. And medical .. Well with every Covid patient daily business, medical services, government services gets a shut down. And that is disturbing to my daily work flow.

Have an amazing day

Comments

Most popular