Project update | Tuesday 5th October 2021

 

Hello RC Designs readers and watchers, 
 
I'm back after over an month hiatus from writing content. Let's have a recap of my month Augustus and September.
 
You win some you loose some.
 
Let's start with the project on hold and or lost. My month began with an freelance project flourishing into three potential projects;
  • 3D design of high rise living studios NW (freelance | cancelled)
  • Technical Drawings with permit for restaurant LB (freelance plus first project | on hold or cancelled)
  • Structural drawings for Hotel B (RCD project | finished in September
Sometimes a referral doesn't mean a new project. I think I had three referrals with zero luck of actually getting a new project. And that is okay. Not every yes means a new project. Just as not every design will be build.
 
RECAP AUGUSTUS | SEPTEMBER:

Building permit for house design 979:
This project was ending and needed the last approval but because of lock downs and closing of the government departments everything went on hold. I think to finally finish this project took about three to four months in total for just building permit process. We had to add structural calculations and more structural drawings. After that the building supervisor had two times additions for me which added each two weeks. But in the end we got the building permit 15th September.

Residence cosy:
This was a referral from March that finally contacted me. In Augustus we discussed the structural design and his (plus wife) wishes. I will have some project throwback updates about this project on the upcoming Thursday's. In September I finally had finished the preliminary design and was able to mail this to the civil engineer for his calculations which I received last Saturday.


Nail salon:
The client was a referral and wanted a simple layout plus facades for the contractor. The end of Augustus I had an one on one consult to see the huge storage space. I had two site visits. First was to measure the location and second was to measure outdoor kitchen. In September I finished the current stage of the design plus the concept that was chosen. I will go more into detail on the upcoming Thursday's. 

Hotel B:
This was a simple project. My partner (owner of Vlinder Survey) and I planned three days to measure the site. This project took in total :
  • 2 to 3 days for preparations
  • 3 days for measure plus site visits 
  • 6 to 7 days for drawing the layouts
In which I will discuss on upcoming Thursday's.
 

Restaurant LB:
August began with a site visit with my partner to the location. I'm still at the preliminary design currently. This project has constantly been on hold. We've changed the design multiple times: 
  • first design was refining current freelance employers design (July 2021)
  • second design consist of ground floor 4 rent-able units and second floor kitchen, dining area and bar. (July 2021)
  • third design consist of ground floor space for 2 rent-able units with kitchen & dining area and second floor restaurant with dining area (August 2021)
  • fourth design consist of ground floor same and second floor 4 rent-able studios (September 2021) 
In which I will discuss on upcoming Thursday's. 

Apartment:
This is a freelance project from March in which the building permit was received in July 2021. The Freelance employer contacted me for a new project and bill of materials.

What can expect next week?
I will take a poll. For next week I can discuss potential freelance project or the structural side of the residence cosy.
 
Comment below!!

Comments

Most popular