Project update | Tuesday 3rd August 2021



Hello RC Designs readers and watchers,

This project update we'll dicuss how multitasking and daily planner is important. And how to deal with conflict professionally.

I have a couple of freelance project's in which the project is not mine yet. 

Let's begin!!

How do you make an offer without being able to see the location first? Is it important to see the location first? Or is it possible to make an offer with a smart thinking of "plan of approach ".

You need to be flexible and smart when deciding this. Because each project is different and has different needs. And a different work ethic to be successful. 

This time I need to see the location. 

Restaurant concept

Last week I finally met the freelancers client. I didn't do a lot of talking.Because the additions were discussed before I got there. The client wants two concept designs. One entirely a restaurant and second storage rooms. I made the corrections and additions in one day. Mailed it and waiting for a response.

Last Sunday I went to check the potential restaurant location with my partner. Mine findings were:

📎 the location is ready for building 

📎 the site is really narrow. 

📎 I didn't need much measurements for the floorheight. I will use 20 cm above streetlevel..



Structural drawings for an Hotel resort

This location would be really far so to make a price estimate I have to be really smart. The client wants a layout for whole complex and how do I do this smartly and put a price. I made a plan of approach. This allowed me to articulate what I need to do, how long each step could take and made smart offers in which the client knows what they are getting themselves into. 

 Plan of approach 

📎make offer per hour for measurements 

📎 give a price estimate per m2

📎contact the client before going to the location so he knows what to expect 

📎measure entire complex if needed


Building permit

I have two projects that are still waiting for a building permit 

Pro bono

The client is a family member so this is free of cost. The client didn't want to pay before hand for construction drawings in which I knew my additions and correction would be about the construction.

Last week I talked to construction supervisor and he discussed his concerns. The same day I contacted one of mine concrete constructor and he was quick to correct within 3 days. The payment I had to do for now so everything would go smoothly. And I had the dilemma. Work my ass off last weekend or use it for my business progress and planning. I choose planning my projects for these two months. Which means early Monday I worked my ass off to make the corrections. This takes longer than planned because each correction or addition needs to make sense for all of the drawing as a whole.



House design

This project was almost finished but the building section of the government couldn't find the drawings. So the documents were finally delivered back for approval and I lost two weeks in waiting. I contacted yesterday and still not finished. I'm thankful that the client is patient and hopefully knows that I'm doing mine part. 

Now ofcourse this is an stressful,  irritating and feels so bad for business. But how do I handle this?

How to defuse the situation?

Stay calm. Stay polite and professional.  Be transparent which every step of your process. So that they know what you're doing and where their money is going. So today I will be mailing again so that the client knows where we stand  and this is out of my hand because I do this honestly ( no favours / corruption  )

Today!!.

I will be working on finishing the construction drawings. I'm overtime but it's Pro bono so I will do my best without overworking myself.

Tomorrow!!

I have an consult with a promising client. Hopefully it goes well.



Let's make this hectic week work.

Next week I'll discuss the retaurant design process up till now.



Comments

Most popular