Self care


Sometimes self care is needed to maintain success

I took a two week blog vacation. I choose not blog nor post my progress of ongoing projects. These two weeks were necessary.  I was drained. I was tired mentally and physically. And 2020 for most of us has been hard. These two weeks I planned to do what I wanted to relax. I enjoyed myself and the ones I love. And most of all I got back to myself. I feel refreshed and ready to work.

Now!! And what did I do these two weeks?

I wanted to read but didn't happen. I couldn't go on a big trip because of weekend lock downs. So I choose to share my first weekend with my partner. Every Friday made time for my nephews. And this was really hard but it was fun. I choose to finish my portfolio of pro bono, freelance and own RC Designs projects, I hope you'll watch.

My lovely mother's birthday

I celebrated my mother's 67th birthday with my niece and nephews plus my mom. I made an amazing double chocolate cake that was finished in two days which was embarrassing. But complements to me right..

Being an entrepreneur means taking work with you on your day's off.

And with the peace and calmness :

  • I lost a project because I think of a miscommunication but don't miss it at all
  • I finally received building permits after waiting more than 6 months
  • I did a follow up with an promising client and the project was cancelled
  • I finally did my finances from June till now.  That was hell. I feel so out of loop with this
  • I finished my personal task for something special for me and my partner

So I'm writing this on Sunday September 20th 2020 last day of my so called blog vacation and I'm kinda ready for work. Getting back on my A game will be hard because I'm finally ready to make certain things permanent. 

The next step

I have two weeks to think about my content and how I'm going to be creative with it these last three month of 2020. I still have so much that I need to achieve and not sure how I will.

 


Comments

Most popular