Project Update| July 29th 2020

Goodmorning RC Designs readers,

Today my day consisted of calling, answering mail and making offers.

First two potential clients:
My day started with an employer mailing for two new promising projects. In which I think it's redrawing technical drawings. And the second I never got a response. For the first I had to make this very clear that I don't just use my name for anything. I have to take responsibility on what I use my name. You see in life you'll get these reading between the lines situations where you have to make perfectly clear where you stand. I've been encountering a lot of people who want to do thing corrupt and it's my job to show them kindly where to go. And most of the times it's just showing them where you stand politely. It may end with you losing potential work or contacts but if you fall for anything you'll stand for nothing.
So I had to check the drawings first  and make an offer plus make my point politely.

Second ongoing project:
Same employer has a freelance project in which they need technical drawings with permits.I will have to say that I work fast but I've learned to let people wait the normal amount to always deliver quality work. I had a meeting two weeks ago with the employers client being really strong on the budget (which I understand) and pushing me to be fast. (this felt more like I had been doing nothing and being slow, but never had any confirmation from them yet). Last week I delivered the preliminary drawings and those where really 2 to 3 days with the weekend included. Finally now we have a response. So my timing of being finished this week is so gone because today is Wednesday. I will start with the definitive design tomorrow.

Third ongoing projects:
I have two projects still waiting for permits and because it's COVID on high in Suriname I'm trying not to get annoyed or mad. But this can be frustrating and also it really gives you an angst feeling of people thinking badly of your work. Just because the government takes her sweet time.

Fourth potential new client:
It was an interesting consult with the COVID 19 rules intact. I was tired of the whole day and the consult went well. I have to see what will happen and how everything will work out. Let God be with me. HAHAHHA

Fifth potential project:
Correct technical drawings for an work colleague. I had to take a look at each drawing plus the correction notes. Formulate what was missing with my own offer for the cost.

Sixth potential project:
This project is sooo old. I made a 3D drawing for a client years ago. When she was just dreaming out loud. Yes this was a pro-bono project. Pro-bono because I wasn't paid yet for the first drawing but I got a call a couple of months ago. But Friday I finally finished a layout sketch for her. She had changed the layout we discussed. And Monday was our consult but when I called back life got in the way. So I'm still waiting.

And I end today with one certain project, two maybe's , one definitely cancelled and two on hold.
You win sometimes.
You loose sometime.
BUT you learn ALWAYS...

People think every project will be successful or will make you money BUT the biggest misconception is that it will GO SMOOTHLY. It so not true. And you need that thick ass skin for this.

And I may be quite and humble BUT I got that think ass skin and hustle hard working mentality.


Comments

Most popular