Throwback Thursday May 21st 2020


This Throwback Thursday I'm discussing an freelance project from November 2017. Because our article theme of this month will be "kitchen" I've decided to keep this going.

This was a pro-bono project from Engineering by Dutch.I've been a freelance architectural designer since 2014 and I've had multiple paid and pro-bono design projects.
https://youtu.be/1b7PQUEOhi0

 
This is the site experience

The site visit

  • During this visit the contractor was busy with an area of the apartment complex that didn't have a purpose yet. 
  • My main task was making a kitchen with eating area layout design for inspiration
  • This was my second task after making an Hamman Spa design in 3D for this project
  • They already made two toilets and in the layout I had to make this work


The simple design process

The simple design process

My employer made a sketch of the area with the right dimensions. And I had to make layouts for dining room and kitchen area.

Review of end results:
I actually don't remember which layout was chosen eventually. But when I'd looked back I would change a lot.
  • I would use outdoor terrace for tables
  • I would entire redesign the kitchen
  • I would make the island area smaller
  • I would change the purpose of the area into a self usage kitchen instead of kitchen like a restaurant. Because when I wrote my restaurant article I'd learned how much space is needed for this kitchen to function and this design wasn't it.

Comments

Most popular