Project Update May 19th 2020


Some inspiration I used for corner cabinets
This week's project is still our kitchen design and walk in closet. It was an head scratch-er to come up with a design that checks off the clients needs. Plus a design that is possible to build. And to find time for because of my new normal. But I mailed Friday one of my cabinet makers for the new WIC design. In which yesterday I got back some corrections. I learned more with that conversation about wood work that I'm experienced because I'm not a furniture maker.

Second design; work drawings with a lot of mistakes
BE OKAY WITH MAKING MISTAKES
For example:

I did my first interior design this year in which I designed a kitchen and a walk in closet. And I'm still not happy about it. I've learned from my mistakes by opening myself up for someone to say this is wrong because..  And this is important!! If you never try and be okay with looking or feeling like a fool for asking questions or making mistakes because it's something new than you'll never become better at what you want!!.

The different layout kitchen designs
Kitchen design process:
I've decided to have 2 client meetings with new designs. The first was what one client wanted but at the end result they didn't like the design that they actually told me to design. But that's okay. With this setback the couple started thinking more of their needs including kitchen appliances. And with the right dimensions I designed another kitchen design I think that will work better.  During the first design stage I used sketching 4 to 5 different layouts first to come up with the right concept. The client choose from the 5 different 1 design. I started making this in AutoCAD with the right dimensions for the kitchen appliances and using the approved height etc we'd came up with a design. And so the work facades drawings begin.

And this week I can mail for the kitchen cabinets. (fourth design). After week's gone by. I've learned that you don't have control over things going as planned but you do have control over how you present yourself and handle the situation.


Embrace your mistakes today , so tomorrow you'll be smarter because of them.

Inspiration from client for kitchen design
Inspiration from the client for walk in closet













Hopefully last design of kitchen design
Second WIC design

Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular