No Peaches and Creams



Hello RCD readers,

​I haven't posted in a while, mostly because it has been an incredibly busy month. Between consultations for potential clients and keeping ongoing projects moving simultaneously, finding time to blog got pushed to the back burner.

​Blogging is a way for you to learn more about the person behind the business, but as my brother would say, it’s also really therapeutic. It takes a bit of boldness to be completely honest about the day-to-day grind, but I choose transparency. We live in a world where it’s easy to fake momentum and paint a picture that life is always smooth sailing. I’ve always felt that false narrative makes it harder for anyone going through a tough season to see the light at the end of the tunnel. For me, grounding myself in the Lord’s presence is what carries me through every phase.

​Here is a look at what has been happening behind the scenes.
➡️​Project Updates
✅️​Project 1:
I received client feedback on a project carried over from July. Right now, I am working on the 3D model for the site visit package, though I am still refining the roof design until it feels completely right.

✅️​Project 2: A new client reached out from France—I still need to ask how she found me! While the language barrier has its moments (thank goodness for Google Translate), she has a wonderfully precise vision. We finalized the conceptual design, and now I’m moving into preliminary drawings to request space-use approval. I want to eliminate potential roadblocks early so the building permit process goes smoothly, which is why I’m also handling the construction calculations upfront.

✅️​Project 3: This one took a massive effort. The client wanted to expand the scope from a 65m2 home to a 150m2 layout, featuring an elevated floor for flood prevention, an entirely new roof design, upgraded windows, a revamped bathroom, a relocated kitchen setup, and a site fence. Getting material quotes from suppliers was a test of patience, but we successfully balanced all her design wishes within her budget targets. The complete drawing set has now been submitted for building permit approval.

💃​Balancing the Dance Floor & Studio
The feedback for Project 1 hit right in the middle of two hectic weeks preparing for a dance presentation. The extra rehearsals meant longer hours, and I’ll admit, balancing intensive dance prep alongside client deliverables and personal health is an ongoing learning process. I loved seeing the choreography come together, but finding that perfect equilibrium between teaching and managing a business is a dilemma I'm still mastering day by day..

🫰​Admin & Business Strategy
​Financials: July and August transactions are fully logged, and I am getting back into the groove of updating the physical cash book and QuickBooks.

👋​Refining the Strategy: Midway through August, I made some intentional business shifts. I eliminated promotional pricing discounts to ensure I am attracting clients aligned with high-quality preparatory design work.

🌄​September Planning: I am taking a two-week studio break in September, which means condensing my current workload into a tight three-week window while scheduling low-key content so the blog stays active while I rest.

​Thank you for reading along and following the journey!

Comments

Most popular