Built it first | Day in the life RCD



Hello RCD readers,

Built your boat first.

This year I've had many people thinking my business is at a stage where it isn't yet but it will be one day. For example asking for a job. It made me think a lot because I had to say no for multiple reasons. One being as much as I would like I'm not at that stage level yet. But I feel terrible. I feel like I'm not giving back because other's have given me a chance. 

It's like the boat analogy. A person is on the island with people who are in the same situation as them.  They person build's a small raggedy boat with what they can find. This is not big enough for everyone. And the moment everything is finished an islander gives a speech about coming with. 

They have two options:
1) take them with ; taking people with you when you hardly carry yourself is like giving from an empty cup. The boat will sink. 
2) go alone ; The boat will sail but it will be hard because you have to do it alone. But in the end the boat will sail. When you add on you can add on people and pay it for it.

The analogy as weird as I explained it is don't  add too much on your small boat because it will sink. But do pay it forward in the future when your boat is sturdy to add on. Because the moment your boat sinks all those people you have felt bad about and wanted to help out. More because of your sympathy and kindness. Most off them will not help or be able to help you rebuilt the sinking boat back.

How do I give back?
Helping other businesses.  If it is my branch or not. I support with advice. I support with sharing the content.  I support with positive feedback. But most off all I support with being open to business questions. I support with client's referrals.  I go above and beyond to find what is possible from my side so that you get the help you need.

Built it first and they will come, so that you can pay it forward❣

Comments

Most popular