The calmness before the storm| Day in the life RCD

 

Hello RCD readers,

This quote is a perfect statement for last week. It was a week of definitely less work. I have two ongoing projects. Project Fred and Project LB. Both are freelance work and are the biggest project's I've gotten from last year August.

Project Fred
This project is in the budget phase. I'm not finished because I need to hear the prices of the windows. But I'm over the deadline and I'm conflicted. This because of two things. One is the stagnation for doing my work is off consistently being called for one of the other projects from this freelance employer. Last time I discussed the unfairness. But today I talk about letting go and going with the flow. And the second thing is don't overwork yourself when thinks seem to calm down and use this time to find your peace again before the next project.

Project LB
This project is has to go through the building phase. I'm really an architectural drafter here because I'm not consulted with my designing input. So this project is on hold till the documents for building permit are here.

Now what you do when the calmness hits?
  • work on different endeavors.
    • my website
    • my blog content
    • my content calendar
    • my finance's from January
  • take care of yourself
  • have fun with your time off.

RCD website:
My partner and I are working on a website that will function entirely online. This has been actually too long but I haven't given up yet on him finishing this so we can make money from it. I want to make this an online experience. But I'm so scared that if we wait to long my idea will be stolen and I have wasted 2020 on making this concept. 

Of course this week I didn't do anything.I have to make some things from my side and the website has flaws now that I can't fix actually because I need to see it as a whole. 
 
To do list for me:
  • Online consultations
  • Permission slip for the usage of the projects as portfolio
  • Check if my services are irrelevant now
  • Online offer given without entirely giving out my prices
  • New and relevant Projects for my portfolio
Blog Content:
I wrote blog posts for last week and this week. I also tried to come up with new content for the other remaining weeks of February

Content Calendar:


I've decided to celebrate my articles starting March. Because next month marks five years of RCD articles. I'm still conflicted how to celebrate this but I'm still trying ideas on what would be great and fitting for this celebration.  As you can see I've made articles in five different categories by default. The sub themes are ideas and I need your input. Comment your five favorite from each theme or you can write an article theme yourself.
  • Architecture 
    • Chinese- ;  
    • Surinamese-;  
    • African architecture
  • Climate change
    • Green wall VS Water wall  ;
    • durable building materials; 
    • house design with climate change in mind
  • Architectural designing process
    • new building permit process; 
    • architectural design process 2022; 
    • container restaurant 
  • Start-Up company design
    • at home beauty salon
    • start-up production company 
    • apartment designs
  • Interior designing   
    • downsizing house for retiree
    • designing for senior housing
    • RCD studio
Answer in the comments below for the choices, 

January finances
I would've, I could've, I should've.. HAHAH I tried my best to use quick books..

Taking care of myself
Spending the day with the one I love is always good for the heart. I also kinda got spoiled by my big sister.

The calmness has passed and now the works begin. This week follows the calling again for the building permits. The calling for to unpaid freelance project's. The follow up calls or emails. And the working on my website. I'm also working really hard on finding the perfect idea to celebrating 5 years YouTube channel.The writing new blogs.

Photo by Anna Khomutova from Pexels


Have an amazing week enjoy our amazing valentine addition articles.



Comments

  1. Finding time to relax during the stress is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I need to get more organized and pointed in organizing my content. I'm all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw a YouTube clip about content calender and I wanted to try it.. it really helps. It is hard to stay on it but worth it overall

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most popular